Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

It is quickly looking like 88 scott will have its crane down before the L Tower, despite the L Tower being topped off before 88 Scott even started construction.

L Tower actually has Benjamin Button syndrome.

The building will start deconstructing it self soon.

The L is still the more interesting looking building on the skyline. I'm sure they'll iron out the issues eventually.

Love the optimism but it's been years and still counting. Not sure they can fix the biggest two issues, how the building meets the street and its reputation.... Every agent I meet tells me to stay far away.

Even with 88's design flaws and choice of glass cladding, I believe this tower is superior to L.

south fence has been removed

IMG_4766.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4766.JPG
    IMG_4766.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 479
Anyone know what this vent on the rear side of the building is? Is it the building AC exhaust or something like that? I'm looking at buying the unit directly above it, and worried about this vent being noisy or smelly in some way.

IMG_1255.jpg

I'd think long and hard about that one. Looks like that's where the garbage is picked up as well. I rented a place right over the garbage area. Woke me up constantly. Add the vents, easy pass.

The L is still the more interesting looking building on the skyline. I'm sure they'll iron out the issues eventually.

But which of the two would you rather live in? The "issues" at L Tower seem like the kind that affect livability. They may also indicate other problems can be expected.

For a variety of reasons, I think Concert scores well in the livability area.

As a general rule, I think we UTers think outside in about buildings. Residents think inside out, by contrast.

Anyone know what this vent on the rear side of the building is? Is it the building AC exhaust or something like that? I'm looking at buying the unit directly above it, and worried about this vent being noisy or smelly in some way.

IMG_1255.jpg
I wouldn't touch that area of the building to buy in to be honest. Give yourself a bit of time. Once the units start occupying you will see stuff ready for assignment to purchase. that back area will be noisy from vehicles and garbage removal and potentially smelly if the garbage area isn't handled well. (even for a rental.. you don't want complaining tenants).

Last edited:

Back