Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

I have mixed feelings on this one. I have a unit on the upper floors of 1 King West so my view of the lake is slowly being impacted (L tower and now Scott) but of course, being a skyscraper geek, I love looking at beautiful buildings as well. This certainly has eye candy potential and I only use my suite a few times a year so overall I say get'er built.

This one looks like it has real potential, judging by the elevations. It certainly is a thin point tower from some angles, which I like to see.

Wellington St. facade

40scott.jpg

Wow, we're finally getting a traditional New York style skyscraper. Uptown didn't cut it, this tower has far more potential. It will give our skyline some nice contrast, texture, depth and historical variety.

Yeah, your probably right...i guess you would have to throw a couple of aA buildings into the mix, for Scott to stand out...lol:D

That's a scary thought! I pray it does not happen. In any case never mind UD, hes just trying to
release some pent up frustration.

After all 40 Scott is almost universally adored,
while his beloved aA's 501Young is almost universally abhorred. :D

Last edited:
Nobody has seen the final product for either building, and only those who are working on the projects have seen a coloured rendering.

Looks fantastic! All they need to do in my eyes is put that tower on top of the building that's there already, use the same materials, and it would be one of the best built in the last few years..

UD I have no idea what you could possibly find ugly about this tower, especially seeing as you called 501 Yonge "another aA stunner". Don't think I'll be taking your opinions from now on!

I don't hate it. UD's assessment of 'Pinnacle Success meets Uptown' is accurate but I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing. We'll just have to wait for some renderings to get a sense of the colour, materials etc. I'm hoping for something along the lines of the Carnegie Hall Tower in New York, but recognize the slim-to-nil chances of that happening.

Also, Architect, why don't you leave the 501 Yonge issue alone until you've seen what the building actually looks like. Several forum members have seen the plans (or some version of them) and have hinted that they are not the same as those depicted in official documents. Let's tone the opinion-mongering down at least until an accurate drawing is made public, and if in the end you still don't like the final product, rant away!

Looks fantastic! All they need to do in my eyes is put that tower on top of the building that's there already, use the same materials, and it would be one of the best built in the last few years..

UD I have no idea what you could possibly find ugly about this tower, especially seeing as you called 501 Yonge "another aA stunner". Don't think I'll be taking your opinions from now on!

Agreed. It's still too early to tell what the towers on Yonge will actually look like but this tower proposal looks stunning. No contest at all. Not even close.

Back