Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

Owners are Arsandco Investments. I know they own the Primrose Hotel (Best Western chain), or at least run it. They seem to be more hotel oriented; perhaps they will develop a hotel here as part of the development? Site consists of 88 queen, 30 mutual, and 20 Mutual.

Owner's are Arsandco Investments. I know they own the Primrose Hotel (Best Western chain), or at least run it. They seem to be more hotel oriented; perhaps they will develop a hotel here as part of the development? Site consists of 88 queen, 30 mutual, and 20 Mutual.

this lot and area can certainly benefit from something other than pure residential towers. It is a stone's away from Yonge/Queen and yet sufficiently far enough from Moss Park. I can't see why this can't be a more upscale and attractive place to live/stay. And hopefully it may catalyze redevelopment of Queen East between Victoria and Jarvis (just like on Dundas East), especially on the north side.

Potential site plan? Expect 1.3 mill sqft total GFA
L-1083B.JPG

Attachments

• L-1083B.JPG
    L-1083B.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,172
Rather undemanding - the site probably should aim for a higher level of density, and the lack of height variations among the towers might be a missed opportunity.

AoD

Ahh ok, thats kind of a relief as it looks sort of underwhelming. The proposal will likely have the 1.3 mill GFA, but not sure how they will spread that out over the site.

https://twitter.com/JShamess/status/489485764078870528

Sold to Lee Development Group of One St. Thomas, Ellipse, May Tower fame.

Sounds cheap:confused:, 87.5 million bucks for such a huge piece of land near the core

Parking lot sale shows Toronto condo juggernaut refuses to quit
The downtown parking lot on Queen St. East was purchased for $87.5 million by Lee Development Group, a unit of Hong Kong-based National Electronics Holdings Ltd. The company plans to build about 1.3 million square feet of residential, office and retail space in about four towers.

One of the towers will be 28 stories, another an eight- floor loft, and the two others will be decided once Lee Development hires an architect in the next few weeks, president Patrick Quigley said. He plans to start marketing units by next year.
More......http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/10/10/P...Toronto-condo-juggernaut-refuses-to-quit.aspx

Last edited:
These guys built One St. Thomas !! Nice !

Sounds cheap:confused:, 87.5 million bucks for such a huge piece of land near the core

Parking lot sale shows Toronto condo juggernaut refuses to quit
The downtown parking lot on Queen St. East was purchased for $87.5 million by Lee Development Group, a unit of Hong Kong-based National Electronics Holdings Ltd. The company plans to build about 1.3 million square feet of residential, office and retail space in about four towers.

One of the towers will be 28 stories, another an eight- floor loft, and the two others will be decided once Lee Development hires an architect in the next few weeks, president Patrick Quigley said. He plans to start marketing units by next year.
More......http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/10/10/P...Toronto-condo-juggernaut-refuses-to-quit.aspx

it was mentioned before that the owner wanted $100 million which is why previous deals never went through. I guess the owner finally compromised.
I personally don't care about the height of these buildings as long as they are highrises (doubt anything lower than 25s at this location, which means many people will be living there), what matters more is the additional retail as well as landscaping to fully change the area. The north side of Queen E beween Victoria and Jarvis desperately need something refreshing to revitalized this stretch. The condition of the existing street and buildings is simply unacceptable.

I am glad downtown Queen east is also receiving some attention while Dundas East is rapidly transforming. These are the two E-W thoroughfare that look like we are in the 70s.

Owners are Arsandco Investments. I know they own the Primrose Hotel (Best Western chain), or at least run it. They seem to be more hotel oriented; perhaps they will develop a hotel here as part of the development? Site consists of 88 queen, 30 mutual, and 20 Mutual.

Owners were Arsandco. Bought by the Lee Development Group as noted above.

• • •

Things happen when they happen for a reason: the demand is suddenly there to bring about the change. You simply can't stand beside a parking lot, wave a magic wand and chant 'surface parking, time to make way, skyscraper, landscaping, appear this day'. The parking lots are gradually disappearing, not because they are offensive to anyone's sensibilities, but because one-by-one, the money starts flowing through the development system when there's enough to make the transformation happen.

Back