Toronto 83 Bloor West | 269.05m | 82s | Parallax | Arcadis

Just like I thought it would be probably another SUPERTALL !!
Unless they max out the ceiling heights, 79 stories while very tall, doesn't usually equate to a supertall.
-----

Personally, I hope they utilize some of the organic storefront strip into their podium. To least keep some assemblance of soul along that street, IMO.

Yeah. My guess is around 250m given the number of floors?
Since at 85 stories is where some proposals start entering the 300m mark, I am going gather it's somewhere between that and 250m.

Edit/PS: 1 Bloor East is 257m at 76 stories, Aura is 272m at 78 stories, etc...

Last edited:
Unless they max out the ceiling heights, 79 stories while very tall, doesn't usually equate to a supertall.
-----

Personally, I hope they utilize some of the organic storefront strip into their podium. To least keep some assemblance of soul along that street, I
Maybe so but we have office floor plates main entrance and the utility parapet part on top. The office floor plates alone are between 12 to 15 ft per floor plate. And the main entrance floor etc could be 20 to 30 ft. Which can bring this development at a super-tall hieght. Just like the new proposed 79 storey development on 212 King St that over 300m!

What about shadowing? We all know that the City will cut it back if there is any hint of shadow on Jesse Ketchum Park.

This site is almost due south of the park, so maximum heights must be lower than at other sites along Bloor that got cut back for that reason in the past.

What about shadowing? We all know that the City will cut it back if there is any hint of shadow on Jesse Ketchum Park.

This site is almost due south of the park, so maximum heights must be lower than at other sites along Bloor that got cut back for that reason in the past.

Almost directly across the street you have a 72-storey, 250M building approved; within that line, the shadowing concern would only kick-in with a somewhat taller building and you have some wiggle room created by the additional distance of being on the south side of the street.

Where there is no approved building, depending on siting of this one, there may be an issue; but remember, its accretive shadows that are a concern. One reason Jesse Ketchum comes up a lot is that a chunk of their yard is already under shadow much of the time. So the concern exists only when a new area or time of shadow is created.

That may be an issue here, we just don't know yet; but with 72s directly across the road, I'm not thinking it will be that big an issue for Ketchum. But I simply can't be certain when we don't have the siting and profile of the tower.

Maybe so but we have office floor plates main entrance and the utility parapet part on top. The office floor plates alone are between 12 to 15 ft per floor plate. And the main entrance floor etc could be 20 to 30 ft. Which can bring this development at a super-tall hieght. Just like the new proposed 79 storey development on 212 King St that over 300m!
I'm going to say this is likely wishful thinking at this point. And even if your right on the proposal, I'm sure The City will be knocking it back off that pedestal. I'm not dismissing this entirely, just saying the probability of this is very low at this point.

I'm going to say this is likely wishful thinking at this point. And even if your right on the proposal, I'm sure The City will be knocking it back off that pedestal. I'm not dismissing this entirely, just saying the probability of this is very low at this point.
Yup it's just wishful thinking in my point! Because the non comercial part are only 1.153 square metres. And the residential floor plates would half to be at least 11 to 12 ft in hieght. Like the supertalls are in millionaire row of New York City. And this city likes to cram as many people in a skyscraper. Without raising the height of a building lol ! But maybe the last top ten floors could be more higher. Raising the building to a supertall because of being in the the Yorkville area on Bloor st. lol!

Today, we learn from the lobbyist registry that the above assembly is in play.

This is pretty much the entire low-rise portion of Bloor, south side, from just west of Bay to St. Thomas.

Aerial Pic:

View attachment 365488

Streetview:

View attachment 365489

Site size: ~ 1637m2/17600ft2

Heritage Status: 1 property listed, (not designated) at 95A, the corner lot.

Though, I confess, I'm unclear on why..........

View attachment 365490

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32612​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

Rezoning and Site Plan applications for a proposal at 83 - 95A Bloor Street West, Toronto
95A Bloor W, at the NE corner of Bloor and St Thomas, was built as the Georg Jensen jewellery store which opened in 1956 -- once a beautiful mid-century modern box, a perfect match to Jensen's Danish modern aesthetic, but now brutalized by decades of reuse -- first for Roots, a sunglass store for a while, most recently Victorinox. Don't know if it can be saved or is worth saving.

I didn’t see anything in the archives with a Bloor Street view, but here‘s looking North up St. Thomas St. Does not seem worth saving to me.

1639960752528.jpeg

Back