Toronto 815 Eglinton Avenue East | 114.45m | 34s | RioCan | Diamond Schmitt

The landscape plans file is 90mb. Feel like investigating that one? :p

Clearly someone's job to make sure my bandwidth is fully utilized! LOL

But I'm here to please!

Landscape Plan by Claude Cormier

Tree Species list is interesting......................

Some misclassification of cultivars as native........but the choices in that regard are fine, none are invasive.

Very ambitious list though...............

Trees that require fairly specific conditions and/or have a poor record in urbanized settings:

Red Maple
Red Pine
Eastern Hemlock

Bitternut Hickory! Interesting choice, I think it might do ok.....not that easy to get a caliper-size one though!

1630420938462.png

For the most part, there appears to be good investment in soil volumes, with those trees that are not in open soil mostly or entirely benefiting from Silva Cells.

1630421153422.png

Paving material of interior pedestrian routes:

1630421405224.png

1630421284507.png

I'm surprised the city accepted a 67mb file. Typically they require them to be broken down into multiple 25mb files from what I remember for submissions.

Tough loss for BDPQ. Claude Cormier is always a welcome addition though, and Diamond Schmitt will do something great here I am sure.

An excellent site plan. For one thing, it creates quality pedestrian space away from the noise and pollution of the avenue.

Commentary from Geoff Kettel in the Leaside Life:

I can't top @Paclo ' s digging above.

But did decide to take a look at the landscape plans for updates.

Still CCxA

Plant list has been refined. Removing Red Pine and Hemlock, understandable, as I noted up thread. However, the addtion of Black Locust is a hard 'No' for me. Its both non-native and invasive, and this site is relatively close to a large natural area.

1706365544144.png

Not sure off hand if there have been refinements to the interlock plans, but I'll post the material legend below:

UT's Brick Connoisseur @DavidCapizzano may have thoughts.

1706365729583.png

The different interlock patterns can be seen more clearly below:

1706366325752.png

1706365779717.png

Very extensive use of Silva Cells!

Interesting to see that the Landscape Drawings include the Laird Cycle Track......

1706366032160.png

Back