Toronto 8 Haus | 24.99m | 9s | Royalpark Homes | Romanov Romanov

The Bean, a mid-rise project proposed for 2433 Dufferin St., first applied for planning permissions in 2014, and has changed its scope from 50 units to more than 100 units in recent applications. Initial presale prices were about $450 a square foot, but according to Urbanation, projects preselling now in the GTA now average $766 a square foot.

“We have unfortunately had to refer this project to the OMB/LPAT, so we are in abeyance until after the hearing," said Doug Skeffington, director of development with Royal Park Homes, referring to the Ontario Municipal Board and Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. "We are hopeful that the project will move forward but are unable to give you any definitive date until after the decision is received. … Our hearing will occur in September.” While he wouldn’t confirm details of any presale contract negotiations, Mr. Skeffington did confirm that “we continue to keep our families informed as to the status of the project and are working with our families’ individual needs” and that some of the families “that are staying in” are from the company’s first launch in 2014.

8 storeys

U1PogNFr.jpg

Hope this acts as a catalyst for development in the area. The Rexall site which has been vacated for a while now is ripe for a mid-rise. Same for properties along the Dufferin & Eg intersection such as the former funeral home that's closed now.

Same with Shoppers & Dollarama at the intersection - a lot of low slung suburban retail in this area that I doubt will be around much longer. I’d love it if they could include the green P lot in behind off of Short Street as well if it meant having an affordable component. I wouldn’t be surprised if a slew of applications pop up in this area now that the LRT is only a few years out.

Same with Shoppers & Dollarama at the intersection - a lot of low slung suburban retail in this area that I doubt will be around much longer. I’d love it if they could include the green P lot in behind off of Short Street as well if it meant having an affordable component. I wouldn’t be surprised if a slew of applications pop up in this area now that the LRT is only a few years out.
Regarding the parking lot at Shortt, it can be developed with the SDM and the Dollarama (and even the Catalan cultural centre, which could be upgraded to the Catalonian consulate if Catalonia becomes independent from Spain) without encroaching on the legion hall or the Eritrean church.

Any idea whats going on at this site? Saw excavators from GFL filling the hole last month.

They dug and shored the hole then filled it back up again... perhaps they found something?

Royal Park Homes has leased the property to GFL who have been using it for months now to dump materials dug up from water main road installs (as contracted by the city) to later be hauled away as well as store aggregate for this work. Local residents (like myself) have issued many complaints about the recklessness of the truck drivers who continually block the road and intersection of Hopewell and Dufferin St. not to mention the noise from early morning hours (sometimes earlier than 7:00 am), mud and dust everywhere and pollution of these vehicles as they sit in front of the homes idling for hours. A Notice of Violation of Zoning was issued to Royal Park Homes in December resulting in a 90 day period to comply which they clearly are taking advantage of subjecting the neighborhood to this unnecessary nuisance. Based on your comments, this may be their way to lead the public to believe construction has begun to jump start sales. I question why Mike Colle's office (local City Councillor) is not doing more despite numerous photos and videos forwarded to them illustrating the potential for a serious accident to occur here as motorists' and pedestrians' right of way are totally ignored.
RPGGL2.jpg

Back