Hamilton 77 James Street North | ?m | 30s | Harlo | srm Architects

They aren't changing any heights or design here - they would appealing a technical issue in their site plan approval conditions.

I've heard that the city is being resistant to applications which want to phase construction for whatever reason, I suspect it's something to do with that.

Imo whatever goes here needs to be taller.. MUCH taller, and not just some generic condo area - this region deserves something more grandiose and multi-functional.
Hopefully 117 Jackson OLT battle will break the glass ceiling and put an end to this silly city obsession with height restrictions limited to the escarpment ridgeline.

They aren't changing any heights or design here - they would appealing a technical issue in their site plan approval conditions.

I've heard that the city is being resistant to applications which want to phase construction for whatever reason, I suspect it's something to do with that.
I’d love to hear the reasoning on that. The new PPS actually favours development phasing. Even notwithstanding that very important piece, they seriously expect them to build 5 towers simultaneously? Okay.

I’d love to hear the reasoning on that. The new PPS actually favours development phasing. Even notwithstanding that very important piece, they seriously expect them to build 5 towers simultaneously? Okay.
Yea, trying to do this development in a single stage would be insane. That being said, the Well was kind of done that way, but in Hamilton they would have to sell units on a per phase basis to get financing lined up. The fact that Emblem was able to get financing set up is kind of incredibly considering how huge the Design District is.

Back