Toronto 75 on The Esplanade | 99.97m | 29s | Harhay | a—A

I'd argue the entire stretch of Esplanade is a pleasant area to live in.
Yes, it is a pleasant place to live but those who live on the block from Church to Scott are not too keen about the late night bar noise from the 'bar block' - immediately opposite 75 The Esplanade. Nothing as bad as King West but ....

Yes, it is a pleasant place to live but those who live on the block from Church to Scott are not too keen about the late night bar noise from the 'bar block' - immediately opposite 75 The Esplanade. Nothing as bad as King West but ....
I don’t mind the restaurant/patio/bar crowd on the esplanade. I’m not up that late anymore and rarely hear the noise at closing time but I don't live on the 3rd floor, street side. No police cars except for G20. You hear the odd fire truck or building fire alarm. Train noise is white noise now. My ears ring at night out in the country. Too quiet....that is the problem area. :)

The crane base prep is starting. Not the prettiest job site but not much extra space to work with.
Friday/Saturday pictures.
D25F8667-4AC9-4593-A340-B1F6D0AFC804.jpeg
25438B23-317C-4B9D-A480-E361423D4199.jpeg
BD311D3D-1E66-4721-8438-641FE5F074B1.jpeg

Can someone tell me why the excavation of this lot is being dug out this way? Do they have to worry about the walls caving in from the building beside it etc?

Can someone tell me why the excavation of this lot is being dug out this way? Do they have to worry about the walls caving in from the building beside it etc?
yes, and presumably could not get permission to put in ties into the area below their neighbours, or there is something immovable, like a large sewer in the way. same thing at 154 Front.

yes, and presumably could not get permission to put in ties into the area below their neighbours, or there is something immovable, like a large sewer in the way. same thing at 154 Front.

Exactly. the rakers in the photos above indicate that they either couldn't get tieback agreements or didn't bother.

Back