Niagara Falls 6546 Fallsview Boulevard | 210.05m | 58s | Hennepin | a—A

...the proposal seems considerably more modest too.

Welcome to the waiting room for 6546 Fallsview BLVD
1000031194.png

Niagara Falls has pushed these "Sunset clauses" on a few projects now. I do not believe they have particularly strong legal standing on them. I'm sure one owner or another will appeal it and send it to the OLT.

Interesting!

I see the provincial bill that was the latest planning regs re-jig, does include a provision for lapsed approvals:

1727899595405.png

And said bill has obtained Royal Assent.

I leave to others here to discuss the real-world implications of the above (if any)

Yes, but the provincial changes allow lapsing of site plans, subdivisions, and servicing allocations, not zoning.

Niagara Falls is attempting to lapse zoning entitlements. It’s not explicitly permitted or prohibited in the planning act which is why Niagara Falls is trying it, but the planning act generally details what zoning can and cannot do and a lack of mention of it does not lend well to Niagara Falls chances.

But I’m no lawyer so.. who knows.

Yes, but the provincial changes allow lapsing of site plans, subdivisions, and servicing allocations, not zoning.

Niagara Falls is attempting to lapse zoning entitlements. It’s not explicitly permitted or prohibited in the planning act which is why Niagara Falls is trying it, but the planning act generally details what zoning can and cannot do and a lack of mention of it does not lend well to Niagara Falls chances.

But I’m no lawyer so.. who knows.

This is the insightful commentary we keep you around for........... ;)

Back