IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG

Surprise cameo from Walter Jr. of Breaking Bad:

View attachment 148195

:D

Jokes aside, this building seems to be getting a lot of hate for its simplicity. I for one think it actually looks great, especially for a smaller building. The cleanliness of the glass is a nice contrast to the heritage facade. I think if it was any busier, it might look strange. Its height isn't overwhelming and adding 400k sq ft of office space to the neighbourhood is going to be great.

Last edited:
What a depressing project, a mundane glass building perched over top the remains of what were beautiful old structures. This never should have been allowed to happen. At the very least it should have been a point tower set back from the road saving more of the original structures.

A green plastic watering can
For a fake Chinese rubber plant
In the fake plastic earth
That she bought from a rubber man
In a town full of rubber plans
To get rid of itself

It wears her out
It wears her out
It wears her out
It wears her out...

-Fake Plastic Trees (Verse 1) - Radiohead (The Bends, 1995)

I just had to laugh at that bit of "heritage" they're keeping. So Toronto.
I don't like facadeism either but the buildings were not in good condition, would have been virtually impossible to 're-purpose' and retaining the facades is, in my opinion, 'the best of a bad job'.

I don't like facadeism either but the buildings were not in good condition, would have been virtually impossible to 're-purpose' and retaining the facades is, in my opinion, 'the best of a bad job'.
Totally agree with you. I'm not really sure what people were expecting, that they were going to keep the entire old set of buildings and just build around it? I'm actually impressed with what they are able to keep. I think it will look great, and is actually better than most heritage 'preservations' we've seen in the city.

Back