Toronto 6 Noble Street | 42.44m | 13s | Minto Group | Sweeny &Co

Struggling to get 10 storeys on this side of the tracks, and getting 20+ storeys on the East side of Tracks?

Fill in the blanks and you will know why

parkdale map.PNG

Give me Ana Bailão over .... anytime

Attachments

• parkdale map.PNG
    parkdale map.PNG
    188.2 KB · Views: 1,929
From Councillor Perks' office regarding the settlement offer:

Of note, revisions include the height of the building which has been reduced from 14 storeys (51.3 m including mechanical penthouse) to 8 storeys (32.3 m including mechanical penthouse); and no non-residential uses are proposed. The non-residential gross floor area and the live-work units have been replaced with townhouse units.

City Planning along with a number of City departments will now review the Settlement Offer and provide their feedback.

My office will organize a meeting in 2018 to review the Settlement Offer with the community. City Planning staff and the developer will be invited to attend this meeting.

City Planning staff will then provide their recommendations on the Settlement Offer. If they recommend approval of the Settlement Offer, a report will be submitted to the February 21st Toronto and East York Community Council. If they do not recommend approval of the settlement offer, City Staff will attend the next pre-hearing scheduled for May 22 at 10 AM at the OMB, 655 Bay St, 16th floor.

Please watch for Community Meeting Notice early in 2018. As always, my office is available to answer questions and hear your concerns.​

Whoa, wait, it was the City that wanted them to go all-res?

I don't know what to make of this area? The Beer Store is leaving and the new proposal is all residential, down the street the former Liquor Store has been proposed to be a men's hostel
Gee, i was hoping for more proposed retail in a lot of these downtown residential streets, not less

I guess it is not hard to imagine Dermot Sweeny and Gord Perks butting heads on this. No shortage of ego between the two of them.

I guess it is not hard to imagine Dermot Sweeny and Gord Perks butting heads on this. No shortage of ego between the two of them.

I've found both to be pretty publicly respectful in every forum in which I've seen them. They both certainly care a lot about their respective work, but that's a long way from egotistical.

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-117009.pdf
In response to ongoing discussions, the applicant submitted a "with prejudice" settlement offer dated June 13, 2018, for a revised proposal consisting of an 8-storey mixed-use building comprised of 101 units, a ground floor non-residential space and two levels of underground parking.

This report reviews the revised 8-storey proposal to amend the Zoning By-law, and recommends that City Council direct the City Solicitor and City Staff, as appropriate, attend the LPAT to settle the appeal for the lands located at 6 Noble Street (File No. 16 218808 STE 14 OZ) in accordance with this report dated June 15, 2018, from the Acting Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District.

8 storeys. That's more appropriate. I wonder what the issues with 17 Noble next-door are?

6 Noble Street

July 2019

At the July 2018 Toronto City Council approved directing City Staff to settle the 6 Noble OMB appeal and accept the revised 8-storey building containing 101 units, ground floor non-residential space and two levels of below-grade parking on the lands located at 6 Noble Street.

Although I understand the significance of the Pia Bouman Dance Studio and the positive impact that it has on many lives, the 6 Noble Development revised application did not leave room for the dance studio.

I met with the developer and representatives of the dance school many times to encourage a space within this application for the dance school. Unfortunately no agreement was reached.

There are some community wins in this Staff Report. The applicant has decreased the height of the building from 51 m to 32 m by using 24 Noble as a guide. Additionally, there is a $350,000 financial contribution towards affordable housing within Ward 14.

The full report is available on-line at https://bit.ly/2N2nvq7 .

More information on 6 Noble Street can be found on the Toronto Development Application website here.

6 Noble St

The City has settled the OMB appeal with this developer and accepted an 8-storey building with some non-residential space on the ground floor and housing above, containing 101 residential units and two levels of below grade parking, with 115 spaces for bicycle parking. The Site Plan is currently being prepared.

Reactions: PMT
Site Plan Approval application filed on November 26:

6 NOBLE ST
Ward 4: Parkdale-High Park

Site Plan Approval for an 8-storey mixed-use building having a residential gross floor area of 9450 square metres, and a non-residential gross floor area of 47.0 square metres. 128 residential dwelling units are proposed.

New rendering updated in the database! The building storey count remains the same at 8-storey. The overall building height is still 32.99m. The total unit count changed from 101 units to 128 units. Finally, the total parking spaces changed from 60 to 61 parking spaces.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans (1 of 2) - NOV 26  2021-1.jpg

Back