Toronto 6 Nassau | 12.95m | 4s | Evertrust Development Group Canada | STAMP Architecture

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
6 NASSAU ST
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District

Site Plan Approval application to construct seven 4-storey (13.3 metres) townhouse dwelling units oriented along a City Owned laneway. Proposed GFA approxaimately 1087.5 sq m.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
19 213670 STE 11 SA​
Aug 29, 2019​
Under Review​

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 12.55.40 PM.png

It's only a matter of time before more developments start to transform this entire area.

And it couldn't happen fast enough. The neighborhood is pretty sketchy and rundown.

It's only a matter of time before more developments start to transform this entire area.

And it couldn't happen fast enough. The neighborhood is pretty sketchy and rundown.
Nestled between Kensington Market and Chinatown comes townhouses and condos for the following:
  • University of Toronto students
  • Chinese senior's residence
  • Yuppies (both of Chinese descent and non-Chinese descent)

This site is currently mostly surface parking space, with a small structure at the interior of the lot. It used to be a music recording studio which moved to Geary Ave after.

Looks pretty quirky and wonky. Has a certain 60’s/70’s look to it.
The ground level is a blank canvas for a new graffiti alley.

Just No.

I don't actually mind the upper 2 floors, and the moderate intensification........

But that ground level is abysmal.

Send it back.
It's just the garage openings. I'm not sure it's something to be too concerned about.

Looks pretty quirky and wonky. Has a certain 60’s/70’s look to it.
The ground level is a blank canvas for a new graffiti alley.
Not even new! A longstanding tradition in this laneway!

It's just the garage openings. I'm not sure it's something to be too concerned about.

Not even new! A longstanding tradition in this laneway!

It's Kensington Market............how about no garages at all?

Alternatively, at least mask it better, Put real and/or opaque/fake windows, in corporate something by way of landscape, even if it's just window boxes/ivies and/or decorative pavers.

It's Kensington Market............how about no garages at all?

Alternatively, at least mask it better, Put real and/or opaque/fake windows, in corporate something by way of landscape, even if it's just window boxes/ivies and/or decorative pavers.
No garages would require a rezoning as townhouses in this zone require 1 parking space per unit I believe.

No garages would require a rezoning as townhouses in this zone require 1 parking space per unit I believe.

They could likely get a variance quite easily, though I can appreciate the timing constraints to doing so. Then again, they're filing for SPA which will take 9 months anyways, lots of time to get before the Committee before NOAC.

I disagree Northern Light. Parking is fundamental. If they do remove parking space requirements they should be required to replace that square footage with an equal volume of garage storage space per unit accessible to the street. Just because people don't have cars that doesn't mean they should have no space for other extra-home storage of transportation devices (bikes, cargo bikes, e-bikes, scooters, water boards, small water craft etc.) most of which should be banned from storage inside residential units.

Back