Toronto Catalyst at 77 Wade | 43.72m | 7s | Seeker Labs | DIALOG

This backs onto the elevated portion of the Davenport Diamond grade separation. Not sure a 30m setback is as relevant.

This is what the rail corridor will look like at the southwest corner of the site, a new pedestrian trail is going to terminate at the south end that follows the rail corridor, with the rail corridor on an elevated berm behind the development that gets taller as it heads north. From a recent community presentation on the Davenport Diamond project:

davenportdiamond.JPG

Attachments

• davenportdiamond.JPG
    davenportdiamond.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,101
This backs onto the elevated portion of the Davenport Diamond grade separation. Not sure a 30m setback is as relevant.

This is what the rail corridor will look like at the southwest corner of the site, a new pedestrian trail is going to terminate at the south end that follows the rail corridor, with the rail corridor on an elevated berm behind the development that gets taller as it heads north. From a recent community presentation on the Davenport Diamond project:

I wouldn't be so sure. The recent 328 Dupont decision was based largely on the matter of appropriate mitigation from the rail corridor. You are correct in that because it's elevated that precedent might not be as relevant, but it's still odd that they're not proposing anything.

Most buildings these days next to the RR corridor being built have crash wall up to 2' thick and expect is one to be no different. One only has to go over to Islington to see that crash wall there or out at Burlington GO Station development to see it, just to name a few sites.

http://jordanrail.com.au

Last edited:
This is the former Ontario Redi-Mix facility. Closed in 2010, demolished in 2011. Since then it seems like it was just used for open-air storage. Wade Ave. used to be a constant rumble and mess of concrete trucks, dust, etc. before they closed down. Going back in time in Streetview gives you an idea....

This whole Lansdowne/Wade/Paton area is a bit of a hidden gem like Sterling Rd. was. Mix of industrial, art, etc. spaces. I can totally see this kicking off a major redevelopment of the area. I wonder if there will be a push for any non-commercial/industrial building though. It'll certainly lose its gritty charm though (and cheap rents?).

Great location for a commercial building though. Walk to Bloor GO/UP will be relatively short walk / bike ride once Paton Rd. tunnel is made. Bloor-Lansdowne GO will also be just a few metres south (though prior to Davenport Diamond proposal I always envisioned this as the station site). Subway right there. Park right there. Decent nearby food and other amenities.

Gotta like the smell of gelatin if you're around there often though.

Really nice looking design from BNC.

Office building at Lansdowne? Yes please! Ubisoft is around the corner.

Agreed with above, I could really see this area becoming a niche employment (true) mixed-use hub.

Yeah, Hopefully some day they will get rid of that eyesore derelict apt. bldg. @ Wade + Lansdowne

That's the Tamil Co-Op. Mostly Tamil and other refugees from what I understand. Would be a major loss of affordable housing if it went away. Maybe better if it could get fixed up rather than closed up.

That's the Tamil Co-Op. Mostly Tamil and other refugees from what I understand. Would be a major loss of affordable housing if it went away. Maybe better if it could get fixed up rather than closed up.
Either way that building needs lots of help, at the moment it looks like something from a 3rd world country:eek:

Great design from BNC. This area is definitely in need of revitalization, but it's a long way from a niche mixed-use hub. The industrial properties to the south and north, along with the eye-sore Co-op apartment is likely not going anywhere for quite some time.

Yeah, Hopefully some day they will get rid of that eyesore derelict apt. bldg. @ Wade + Lansdowne
View attachment 132011

I used to live in that warehouse building (U shaped with the reddish brown roof) next to Propeller Coffee, 58 Wade. As much as I loved living there I suspect that building's days are numbered. Hopefully they'll renovate it instead. We have so few true loft spaces in the city.

Candy Factory Lofts on Queen West is nice renovation. Chocolate Factory Lofts next door tried to replicate that and failed miserably.

Back