Mississauga 5645 Hurontario Street | ?m | 50s | Kaneff

ianrutledge

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find details about the other MZO that was referenced in the press release (for two parcels at 3355 and 5645 Hurontario Street)? I don’t recall seeing any redevelopment proposals for either of these properties.
Hi Anastasia, did you ever find more information about the MZO's for 3355 and 5645 Hurontario?

Hi Anastasia, did you ever find more information about the MZO's for 3355 and 5645 Hurontario?
I learned that both sites are owned by Kaneff, and neither had officially submitted a proposal to the City of Mississauga for the planned redevelopments.

Located at the Mandarin plaza at southeast corner of Hurontario Street and Matheson Boulevard. No development applications have been submitted.

Up to 50 storeys as permitted by the MZO.

The Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing issued a Minister’s Zoning Order (MZO) to allow for a high-density residential/mixed use development with a maximum height of 50 storeys on two sites: 5645 Hurontario Street (Ward 5) and 3355 Hurontario Street (Ward 4). The request for the order was submitted by Malone Given Parsons on behalf of Kaneff Group.
5645.png

LOL.

If the greenbelt debacle had stood, a similar thing likely would have happened with the ancaster greenbelt lands which stood immediately below the Hamilton airport flight path, which operates 24/7 and is very incompatible with residential uses.

Because Airport?
This one is very weird because there was never an actual rezoning app for the land. Kaneff were just protecting their interest in the plaza for a future app. Hence: "Airport Operating Area The property is located within the Lester B. Pearson International Airport Operating Area and within the 30-35 NEP/NEF Composite Noise Contour line. Residential land uses are not permitted in the Airport Operating Area and the introduction of new sensitive land uses is discouraged. Building heights are reviewed in conjunction with the GTAA (Greater Toronto Airport Authority) to ensure that any proposed building does not affect airplane flight paths."

Because Airport?
my comment was made in June... I can read the new information which wasn't present at the time without your snark... You clearly sound like you have some inside information.... you could have shared something then....

anyways all the more reason to build 50 at port credit.... An LRT Line, a GO line, and NO AIRPORT.....

I'm always surprised how people go on and on about how Mississauga made a huge mistake not putting its city centre at Port Credit then they actively rally against any substantial development there. I guess we don't want everything to be a mini "Hong Kong"

my comment was made in June... I can read the new information which wasn't present at the time without your snark... You clearly sound like you have some inside information.... you could have shared something then....

anyways all the more reason to build 50 at port credit.... An LRT Line, a GO line, and NO AIRPORT.....

I'm always surprised how people go on and on about how Mississauga made a huge mistake not putting its city centre at Port Credit then they actively rally against any substantial development there. I guess we don't want everything to be a mini "Hong Kong"

There was no snark.

The Airport Operating Area is entirely public info; one I might reasonably expect a Mississauga resident who is keenly interested in development to be aware of, but I digress.

Moving along.

There was no snark.

The Airport Operating Area is entirely public info; one I might reasonably expect a Mississauga resident who is keenly interested in development to be aware of, but I digress.

Moving along.
I assume if the MZO allowed for 50 floors then they would have crossed their T's and dot their I's.

If it was so obvious I am surprised you didn't mention this in June....

I assume if the MZO allowed for 50 floors then they would have crossed their T's and dot their I's.

If it was so obvious I am surprised you didn't mention this in June....

I don't pay attention to threads out in the hinterlands that often..........

Only just noticed it.

I don't pay attention to threads out in the hinterlands that often..........

Only just noticed it.
Well then if Mississauga is the hinterlands with 828k population, what do you call Kitchener with 242k and 48k? And why do I see you on those threads regularly?

I think it is more likely the airport recently became a public issue.

Good case to call this the hinterlands of Mississauga. It's one storey industiral as far as the eye can see. Hurontario and a future LRT is the only opposition. Hurontario and the LRT is also a pretty low standard for approving 50 storeys here. Alas, it's consistent with planning across the GTA. There's lots of excitement with the number of 50 storeys tower popping up everywhere. There's alot less excitement over choosing to live in one of them.

Taller point towers consisting of tiny boxes doesn't agree with the adage "taller is better". For example, number of working elevators

Back