113.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I hope mullion-free becomes the norm in the future. The Thompson Hotel portion of this project looks gorgeous. The rest of the building doesn't look too shabby either.

I love Freedville. I like the whole midrise streetwall thing. Very Berlinesque indeed. :)

I wonder if anything is planned for that parking lot between 20 Niagara and Zed? I counted parking lots (and under-utilized sites) and discovered that with an average of 15 floors per site, with 300 people per building, the area between Spadina/Bathurst/Front/Queen could easily handle another 25000-30000 ppl.

Urban, that's interesting news, and I hope it materializes. Especially between 20 Niagara and Zed, which would block from view the incredibly ugly ass-end of the otherwise pleasant 20 Niagara.

/\ Someone else noticed! I especially like how all the pictures of 20 Niagara on aA's website (which has now sadly dropped Adrian from the roster along with the purportedly problematic van Nostrand) are of its park-facing side. Admittance?

Thomson Toronto

Last night I've met Tony Cohen, one of the principals behind Thomson Toronto, nice smart young and looking to bring a change of style to our city and to the area in particular.

The impact 550/Thomson will be making is far greater then the architecture alone, it's going to establish itself as a social/cultural landmark in Toronto.

It'll be interesting to see how prices for the area will adjust and especially in comparison to Festival, M5V and Four Seasons.

Does anyone know if 550 Wellington will have 2 entrances or it will be the same entrance for the hotel and residents?

Back