Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
5400 Yonge 
5400 Yonge Street, North York
Developer: Fieldgate Urban

5400 Yonge | 106m | 32s | Fieldgate | Kirkor Architects

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Application submitted:

5400 YONGE ST
Ward 23 - North York District

►View All Properties

Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Bylaw Amendment application
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 32 # of Units 324
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 18 106120 NNY 23 OZ Jan 17, 2018 Under Review

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Fieldgate have their offices here. NYCC going to lose some office space?

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at Thursday Jan 18, 2018 2.31.42 PM.png

Attachments

office replacement means it will stay.
Office replacement means the required office space will be converted to Office-Condos that get sold to overseas investors with no intentions of ever opening and office or even renting it out,.... thus, it'll just remain as empty shells,... a-la 12-storeys of Office-Condos at HullmarkCentre!

amnesiajune

Office replacement means the required office space will be converted to Office-Condos that get sold to overseas investors with no intentions of ever opening and office or even renting it out,.... thus, it'll just remain as empty shells,... a-la 12-storeys of Office-Condos at HullmarkCentre!
It's taking a while but those are slowly being occupied. The same is happening across the street in Emerald Park.

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Yes, you've said this in about 50 threads now. Please work on some new material.

Toronto1834

Just scanned the planning rationale. 70% office replacement. In a Centre, this is unacceptable in my opinion. Replacing office space in North York/ Yonge-Eglinton with condos and building more office space downtown needlessly overcrowds transit and creates congestion.

Lenser

That's one funky balcony treatment. Can't decide if it's terribly daring or just terrible. I guess it'll depend on how it's executed. Certainly it looks very busy.

maestro

That's one funky balcony treatment. Can't decide if it's terribly daring or just terrible. I guess it'll depend on how it's executed. Certainly it looks very busy.
It's not really daring or innovative. It's just another balcony play and one that has already arrived here in Toronto. Totally agree on execution. This design will not be as forgiving of misplaced spandrel panels.

Amare

Just scanned the planning rationale. 70% office replacement. In a Centre, this is unacceptable in my opinion. Replacing office space in North York/ Yonge-Eglinton with condos and building more office space downtown needlessly overcrowds transit and creates congestion.
This seems to be Toronto's definition of "protection of employment land" these days, so it doesn't necessarily surprise me.

MTown

I also can't decide.

It's somewhat jarring....but....in a good way? I'm confused and so are my eyes. At least it's visually interesting.