Barrie 505-533 Yonge Street (Barrie) | 41.8m | 12s | 2570974 Ontario | Salter Pilon Architecture

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Pla...Ward8/Pages/505-511-515-533-Yonge-Street.aspx

Type of ApplicationDate Application ReceivedStatus
Zoning By-law AmendmentN/APre-application Public Consultation Phase

"A mixed-use development consisting of 426 residential dwelling units and 1,087 square metres of ground floor commercial space. The proposal includes two 8-storey buildings and an 11-storey building along street and a 12-storey building at the rear of the site."

Arch plans:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Streetview:

4.JPG

N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Planning-and-Development/Proposed-Developments/Ward8/Pages/505-511-515-533-Yonge-Street.aspx

Type of ApplicationDate Application ReceivedStatus
Zoning By-law AmendmentN/APre-application Public Consultation Phase

"A mixed-use development consisting of 426 residential dwelling units and 1,087 square metres of ground floor commercial space. The proposal includes two 8-storey buildings and an 11-storey building along street and a 12-storey building at the rear of the site."

Arch plans:

View attachment 363454View attachment 363455View attachment 363456

Streetview:

View attachment 363457
surprised it has taken them this long to get something over here. Yonge Street through Barrie in general is kinda empty. Lots more empty lots than you'd expect for a major city in the GGHA

Back