Mississauga 4615 Hurontario | 156.4m | 45s | Elia Corp | BDP Quadrangle

I'm actually kind of disappointed that they aren't planning on going denser when the plaza gets redeveloped. I get adding in the dedicated park space and the community usage, but that top portion at the intersection of Hurontario and Eglinton should be much denser.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that they aren't planning on going denser when the plaza gets redeveloped. I get adding in the dedicated park space and the community usage, but that top portion at the intersection of Hurontario and Eglinton should be much denser.
I assume those are just conceptual drawings and given that they probably won’t get to phase 2 for at least 10 years, lots of things can/will change.

I assume those are just conceptual drawings and given that they probably won’t get to phase 2 for at least 10 years, lots of things can/will change.
Exactly, here's hoping. Despite plans for new density where the plaza is, that far-off plan is totally basic and without an ounce of vision.

They are being quite deliberate by proposing the first phases along Sorrento Drive. Once built-out, I am sure they'll revise plans for the plaza at even higher densities than on Sorrento Drive.

More often than not though, when you see one developer building out a whole precinct like this, that tends to result in a slower build-out as the developer's human and financial resources are spread thinner. Hopefully the proponent decides to sell one or a few of the parcels and we can see redevelopment here take place at a quicker pace.

May 8 Committee meeting

PUBLIC MEETING RECOMMENDATION REPORT (WARD 4)
Official Plan Amendment, Rezoning and Plan of Subdivision applications to permit eight apartments, ranging in height from 28 to 42 storeys with ground related commercial uses, one 45 storey mixed used building and eight blocks of townhouses containing 120 units - 4615 Hurontario Street, 25, 35, 55, 105 and 110 Elia Avenue and 136 Eglinton Avenue East, south of Eglinton Avenue East and east of Hurontario Street
Owner: The Elia Corporation
Files: OZ/OPA 21-8 W4 and 21T-M 21-3 W4
Pre-Bill 109

The proposal was rejected by the city and is heading to the Ontario Land Tribunal.

I really don’t see why the big opposition to this from the city and neighbours. I know they site the usual issues like traffic and parking but the scale of this proposal is not different from Pinnacle uptown across the street.

I really don’t see why the big opposition to this from the city and neighbours. I know they site the usual issues like traffic and parking but the scale of this proposal is not different from Pinnacle uptown across the street.
Sadly, Pinnacle Uptown is haft the size that was first proposed and was cut on the same BS that was used for this project. The different between the 2 site that this project fronts a low single homes and townhouse.

Councilors have said this was to be Mississauga Uptown area like the city core with out tall towers. If you cut off 10-15s towers, council will say yes to the project.

As for traffic, the same BS i have head right across the GTA starting with the folks crying about it as they are the caused of the problem with most having 3 or more cars.

Eglinton and Hurontario intersection is a transit hub with the LRT now being built for the area. This is a case where Ford should step in and saying these tall towers and others that will be taller is require for transit hub as he has mandated for subways stations.

Was planning on attending the meeting, but got side track. There were 3 other projects to be heard that night and want to hear what been opposed for them.

So 2 out of 3 developments for this area are now under appeal and not surprise of it as the city hates tall building. It seams only the city core can have tall towers.

I don't understand how the city of Mississauga has outwardly stated that we need to build more density, has committed to it and whatnot, but then rejects this project and the one across the street. And for the same reasons that you would hear from NIMBYs no less... and I can sympathize with some of it, but this is on a major arterial, the LRT will run through here soon... I think its ridiculous.

And I don't even really like the design of the proposal... but sheerly rejecting the density goes against what we apparently want to be doing in this city.

Back