4615 Hurontario | 156.4m | 45s | Elia Corp | BDP Quadrangle

ericmacm

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of disappointed that they aren't planning on going denser when the plaza gets redeveloped. I get adding in the dedicated park space and the community usage, but that top portion at the intersection of Hurontario and Eglinton should be much denser.

khaldoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of disappointed that they aren't planning on going denser when the plaza gets redeveloped. I get adding in the dedicated park space and the community usage, but that top portion at the intersection of Hurontario and Eglinton should be much denser.
I assume those are just conceptual drawings and given that they probably won’t get to phase 2 for at least 10 years, lots of things can/will change.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I assume those are just conceptual drawings and given that they probably won’t get to phase 2 for at least 10 years, lots of things can/will change.
Exactly, here's hoping. Despite plans for new density where the plaza is, that far-off plan is totally basic and without an ounce of vision.

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
They are being quite deliberate by proposing the first phases along Sorrento Drive. Once built-out, I am sure they'll revise plans for the plaza at even higher densities than on Sorrento Drive.

More often than not though, when you see one developer building out a whole precinct like this, that tends to result in a slower build-out as the developer's human and financial resources are spread thinner. Hopefully the proponent decides to sell one or a few of the parcels and we can see redevelopment here take place at a quicker pace.