Burlington 4274 Dundas Street (Burlington) | 23.75m | 6s | Millcroft Greens | Kirkor Architects

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Bit of a weird one, they are redeveloping the edges of a golf course. Various detached homes throughout the development concept plan, but this thread is dedicated to the 6-storey building they stuck on the Dundas frontage on the far side of the hydro corridor.

File Numbers:​

Official Plan Amendment: 505-07/20
Zoning Bylaw Amendment: 520-07/20
Plan of Subdivision: 510-02/20

Proposed Development​

• The owners are proposing to develop five (5) parcels of land for residential uses. The intention is to also make design improvements to the existing course layout while retaining an 18-hole golf course.
  • Parcel E – (on Dundas Street) 6-storey residential apartment building.

1642802035381.png

1642802050560.png

1642802063592.png

1642802092862.png

As someone who frequently drives by this spot, all I can think about is how you won't be able to turn left out of here, and even turning right would be such a pain in even moderate traffic

As someone who frequently drives by this spot, all I can think about is how you won't be able to turn left out of here, and even turning right would be such a pain in even moderate traffic
There is a LOT of local opposition within this golf course community and other users to this proposal and various aspects of the proposal, which will see eradication of greenspace and 'dubious' improvement to a popular golf course.

Others would share the same thought about the placement of the Dundas building. It's going to be very awkward to say the least.

There are far more attainable and accessible sites in Burlington just waiting for this type of densification.

There is a LOT of local opposition within this golf course community and other users to this proposal and various aspects of the proposal, which will see eradication of greenspace and 'dubious' improvement to a popular golf course.

Others would share the same thought about the placement of the Dundas building. It's going to be very awkward to say the least.

There are far more attainable and accessible sites in Burlington just waiting for this type of densification.
Oh trust me I know, people paid $50k in 2001 just to have the golf course behind them, and most of those people are still living in those homes. There are so many places even within 500 metres of this spot to be putting condos rather than covering the golf course in townhomes

Back