Markham 4261 Highway 7 | ?m | 35s | Transmark | Scott Shields

swampymudkip

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a pre-consultation application has been completed for 4261 Hwy 7 E (Shoppes of Unionville). Documents available here. The existing retail plaza would be replaced with a mixed-use development with two towers (30s, 35s) on a 8-storey podium. Mixed-uses will include a proposed grocery store, daycare, and other retail.

1715968591882.png

1715968758578.png

1715968842302.png

Interesting proposal. Not directly related, but does anyone know anything about the new "future major trail" that's shown? I assume it's another extension of the Rouge Valley Trail?

Another side note: I hope Metrolinx and Markham/York are planning ahead to a grade separation at Highway 7 for the GO line here. I remember at one point it was discussed that the rail line might go through a trench under Highway 7 and through old Unionville, which seems like the best solution.

Answering my own question re: the trails, it looks like there's a plan for trails in Markham Centre that would link up to the existing trail network in the east:

Another proposal for Markham City Centre! I’m going to start calling this ‘The Silent City Centre’ as it seems to fly under the radar but is actually one of the fastest growing areas of the country and probably now has more residents than a lot of traditional downtowns!

Another proposal for Markham City Centre! I’m going to start calling this ‘The Silent City Centre’ as it seems to fly under the radar but is actually one of the fastest growing areas of the country and probably now has more residents than a lot of traditional downtowns!
And it has 2 groceries stores unlike a certain Metropolitan Centre.

Back