Toronto 386 Symington | 78.65m | 23s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

This looks so good and would be a massive upgrade for this little pocket. Can't wait to get an update.

Yeah, there's some nice mid-block pedestrian walkway spaces connecting the interior to Symington. The added density here should also boost the nearby retail along Dupont and hopefully help establish the opportunity for more along this stretch of Davenport in the future.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.05.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.04.50 PM.png

Crickets… would be nice if there was any indication of an update. All the signage is outdated across the neighbourhood and remains from before it was canceled

What kind of 'update' are you expecting?
I guess these things take time but the site is all overgrown, unkempt, graffiti all over the old signage, etc. Just something that shows the neighbourhood that it’s been reset and new things are coming. I’m a marketing guy by trade so it’s just disappointing to see potential lost. For example, Junction Point’s marketing has been spot on.

Right, but JP's advertising is marketing a real project. This probably has some package working its way through a firm, but without anything 'real', so to speak, what 'update' can the new developer give? It'll go live when it goes live and at that point, they'll redo the sales centre and clean the site up. Until then, there's really not much use in spending money on things like cutting grass or rebrands.

I guess these things take time but the site is all overgrown, unkempt, graffiti all over the old signage, etc. Just something that shows the neighbourhood that it’s been reset and new things are coming. I’m a marketing guy by trade so it’s just disappointing to see potential lost. For example, Junction Point’s marketing has been spot on.
The site plan approval application was submitted in April. It's likely the developer just received comments from the City and working towards addressing them and making another submission in a few months. Seems like it's still moving forward.

Right, but JP's advertising is marketing a real project. This probably has some package working its way through a firm, but without anything 'real', so to speak, what 'update' can the new developer give? It'll go live when it goes live and at that point, they'll redo the sales centre and clean the site up. Until then, there's really not much use in spending money on things like cutting grass or rebrands.
This makes sense, thanks for explaining that

For now, it's a pretty enjoyable space for watching birds and rabbits, checking out the nature that has grown up there, for kids to play among the piles of dirt/debris/boards, skateboarding (with ramps!), shooting smack (watch out for needles, unfortunately), and even someone living there.

For now, it's a pretty enjoyable space for watching birds and rabbits, checking out the nature that has grown up there, for kids to play among the piles of dirt/debris/boards, skateboarding (with ramps!), shooting smack (watch out for needles, unfortunately), and even someone living there.
Well this is what I was eluding so kudos for saying it outright, haha.

Reactions: vic
Not sure why they put up that barrier at the parking lot but at least they're not kicking people out of the parking lot anymore

Interesting, looks like Limen aren't up for developing this site by themselves afterall. Good to at least bring this to a more updated and attractive design concept. Just hope whoever picks it up can keep it or make an quality effort here in general. Curious if Limen's other active proposal to the west of here at 189 Old Weston Road is another zone and flip.

Back