Toronto 35 Bellevue Avenue | 12.5m | 4s | St. Clare's | Montgomery Sisam

Housing provider here announced by the City this morning: St. Clare's

Construction (the release says) anticipated to begin by year end, and occupancy one year later, year end 2025.

@Paclo this one needs a pin on the map.

Yeah.......... I don't see the City Application either...........how are they getting their paperwork done in 4 months?

Further update, dug up this link:

It suggests they want approval before Council at the October meeting.

If this isn't filed in the AIC yet, they are certainly asking for record turnaround.

Last edited:
Wonderful project.

Given the pushback from some Kensington Market retailers to the pedestrianization of the market, I wonder if there will be similar opposition to the loss of the parking lot?

Just wanted to add that this is to be timber construction and could possibly be the same company that is doing 25 Augusta (Nomodic Modular.) I also wonder if there will be any retail/live work space on the main level.

Yeah.......... I don't see the City Application either...........how are they getting their paperwork done in 4 months?

It suggests they want approval before Council at the October meeting.

If this isn't filed in the AIC yet, they are certainly asking for record turnaround.

The city doesn’t need anything in the AIC to put forward its own zoning By-law. Not saying that’s the approach being used here - but certainly could just move forward with a city-initiated rezoning.

The city doesn’t need anything in the AIC to put forward its own zoning By-law. Not saying that’s the approach being used here - but certainly could just move forward with a city-initiated rezoning.

Assuming something was ready from the project team for Planning right now, and that ZBA and SPA were both required, what is the fastest you feel the process could work? Do you think a target of October Council for ZBA and SPA by ??? ( mid November at the latest, I assume, if you need to then get permits and get the site mobilized prior to mid-December to meet a construction start target of 'before year end) is credible?

Last edited:
Assuming something was ready from the project team for Planning right now, and that ZBA and SPA were both required, what is the fastest you feel the process could work? Do you think a target of October Council for ZBA and SPA by ??? ( mid November at the latest, I assume, if you need to then get permits and get the site mobilized prior to year to mid-December to meet a construction start target of 'before year end) is credible?
It’ll take a lot of coordination, but I think it’s possible - especially with the mayor behind this.

Public information is now in the AIC - "CITY INITIATED 35 BELLEVUE AVE" - Application Number : 24198168STE11OZ

City Initiated Zoning By-law to construct a 4-storey residential building containing 78 new affordable dwelling units.

Some not very basic views in the architectural plans...

1725065044513.png

1725065111159.png

1725065167890.png

1725065303518.png

1725065382933.png

1725065452444.png

Love the red! Just wish they could do something about the PTAC's poking though the facade

Agree on the red, and on the PTACs (I somewhat question why we're going the PTAC route......)

However, I think the 'port holes' (undersized windows look suspect to me, I don't understand it as a choice from an interior space point of view either. In general, the only window-less rooms should bathrooms and closets, if a room merits a window, it merits a real window. At least in the interior court yard there is a symmetry to the window system, but on the building front you have these seemingly random portholes that are asymmetrical. I dislike this.

Additionally, I'd think the cladding would look better in a horizontal rather than vertical alignment. I'd also like to see a bit of definition of the roof line, nothing fancy, just black flashing or something.

Back