Toronto 346 Davenport | 36.27m | 9s | Freed | RAW Design

Vibes:
1655847040499.png

Why do they have all those white plastic or aluminum frames around the windows? Why can’t it be seamless floor to ceiling glass, like you see in those modern California homes?

Is it just a cost thing, or are there regulations?

If I was a builder, I’d take a lower profit margin just to make it look seamless and leave a landmark.

I’m thinking something more like this. Not entirely seamless, but without those bulky frames.
7949D94C-40F1-4965-A84C-94BC372DC389.jpeg

Yeah it's cost because smaller windows cost less in sum than large panes. As well, some of the spandrels disguise the floor slabs.

Why do they have all those white plastic or aluminum frames around the windows? Why can’t it be seamless floor to ceiling glass, like you see in those modern California homes?

Is it just a cost thing, or are there regulations?

If I was a builder, I’d take a lower profit margin just to make it look seamless and leave a landmark.
It was supposed to be seamless from the pictures that were in the beginning renderings.

Attachments

• 7B6EACA3-A540-4338-9891-B07D13AE181E.jpeg
    7B6EACA3-A540-4338-9891-B07D13AE181E.jpeg
    908.1 KB · Views: 76
It was supposed to be seamless from the pictures that were in the beginning renderings.
Renderings aren't legal documents, and are normally produced early in the design process before working drawings have been produced and before cladding systems have been costed... and therefore they are often unrealistic when it comes to the finer points.

The marketing renderings don't show seamless windows. The windows and spandrels actually look very close to the renders, but the glass in the renders is grey while the real glass is green.

When the marble goes on (over where there's currently blue and "GlasRoc"), the building should look quite nice.

Back