Toronto 320 Bay Modernization | ?m | 18s | Menkes | B+H

Menkes...please just stop. Whatever you guys have in mind for this site, just stop.
Stop what??....stop it from looking like a boring looking building at street level?
boring.PNG

Hoping that whatever they plan ends up turning out similar to how EY Tower turned out. That's easily one of the best examples of a historical building renovation/expansion project in Toronto, and I feel we could do with more.

It's perfect for an office expansion. Menkes' office portfolio is not big at the moment but they have One York and are doing 100 Queen's Quay. As long as the new structure is clean cut and balanced while being decently tall (this is the core after all), I'm confident it will look good.

As long as the new structure is clean cut and balanced while being decently tall (this is the core after all), I'm confident it will look good.

This one is just a renovation project, isn't it? There's no mention of adding more floors on top of the existing building, especially not if occupancy is scheduled for 2020, only a year from now, according to the press release.

Stop what??....stop it from looking like a boring looking building at street level?
View attachment 170554

Are you being serious? You think that beauty is boring looking? Have you looked at the entire building on streetview, it's a gem my friend. Some buildings deserve to be left alone and renovated, which appears to be the idea here in order to release new higher quality office space to the market, if I am understanding correctly.

Are you being serious? You think that beauty is boring looking? Have you looked at the entire building on streetview, it's a gem my friend. Some buildings deserve to be left alone and renovated, which appears to be the idea here in order to release new higher quality office space to the market, if I am understanding correctly.
Hey don't get me wrong i'm all for keeping this heritage building intact, but the street presence could need a bit of refreshing to be more pedestrian friendly

Menkes and TD Greystone Welcome B+H Architects to The Permanent

Canada NewsWire

TORONTO, Oct. 16, 2019 - Menkes and TD Greystone sign a lease with one of Canada's largest architectural firms for 23,008 square feet of office space in the heart of the financial core.

TORONTO, Oct. 16, 2019 /CNW/ - Menkes Developments Ltd. (Menkes) in partnership with TD Greystone Asset Management (TD Greystone) announced today the signing of a lease with B+H Architects (B+H) for 23,008 square feet of office space at 320 Bay Street, also known as The Permanent, a heritage building prominently situated on the southwest corner of Bay and Adelaide streets.

Interesting though that they seem to want to connect the building to the Enwave system.

The more the merrier I say!

Hey don't get me wrong i'm all for keeping this heritage building intact, but the street presence could need a bit of refreshing to be more pedestrian friendly

The building has an amazing street precense. CiBC spared no expense restoring it years ago. Most prewar buildings have lousy access because of a raised ground floor allowing windows in basements.Most don't have retail for this reason. Who cares. Most retail is repetitive, boring and contributes much less to a street's vibrancy than forum doctrine suggest.

B+H is moving their office in there, since current location is going to be under construction for a long time...

Back