Mississauga 3085 Hurontario Street | 149.96m | 44s | Equity Three Holdings | Diamond Schmitt

I can live with 40% for parking, but would be nice to get to 10% considering you are in walking distance of GO Transit, the LRT and buses will still stop at the corner. Time are changing and the city needs to grow up.

Four tower, over 1,000-unit development could replace Mississauga neighbourhood mall

I am all for transit oriented urban planning and I once sold my car when I lived in downtown and uptown Toronto but to pretend that you can do without parking considering the state of public transit in Mississauga is ludicrous.

Two years ago my car needed some work and had to do without it for a couple of weeks and it was a lesson I never forgot. It took us 3 hours to do our grocery shopping when it takes less than an hour by car. Have you tried to take Mississauga transit to go from one end of the city to another that involved transfers on a Sunday? Good luck if you can do it in less than 2 hours each way!

I am all for transit oriented urban planning and I once sold my car when I lived in downtown and uptown Toronto but to pretend that you can do without parking considering the state of public transit in Mississauga is ludicrous.

Two years ago my car needed some work and had to do without it for a couple of weeks and it was a lesson I never forgot. It took us 3 hours to do our grocery shopping when it takes less than an hour by car. Have you tried to take Mississauga transit to go from one end of the city to another that involved transfers on a Sunday? Good luck if you can do it in less than 2 hours each way!
Maybe after all the hurontario development if you live on hurontario at least you will be able to live without a car. The way these things work though is that the people who can afford to live on hurontario will be able to afford a car. Anyways I lived in several places where people owned cars but used them once or twice a week. That would be a good hurontario goal.

Maybe after all the hurontario development if you live on hurontario at least you will be able to live without a car. The way these things work though is that the people who can afford to live on hurontario will be able to afford a car. Anyways I lived in several places where people owned cars but used them once or twice a week. That would be a good hurontario goal.
Having the LRT will help but it still wouldn’t solve the need for a car in the city . It will take you to city centre and GO stations but if need to visit a friend in Erin Mills/Streetville/etc. or wanted to go to Erindale or go shopping anyplace but square one you need to take multiple buses and that really sucks. In Toronto, there are multiple subway lines and though people dislike streetcars they are functional and I prefer them to buses. Furthermore in most neighbourhoods in Toronto you can just walk for few minutes and you find plenty of shops and restaurants and services that you may need day to day. You might be able to do that in few spots in Mississauga but the result is just sprawl.

Having the LRT will help but it still wouldn’t solve the need for a car in the city . It will take you to city centre and GO stations but if need to visit a friend in Erin Mills/Streetville/etc. or wanted to go to Erindale or go shopping anyplace but square one you need to take multiple buses and that really sucks. In Toronto, there are multiple subway lines and though people dislike streetcars they are functional and I prefer them to buses. Furthermore in most neighbourhoods in Toronto you can just walk for few minutes and you find plenty of shops and restaurants and services that you may need day to day. You might be able to do that in few spots in Mississauga but the result is just sprawl.
Maybe that’s true. But I have lived downtown Toronto and midtown Toronto and I felt for visiting friends the ttc was not the better way. Sure it was a way but it wasn’t great. It was either make new friends, suffer the ttc which was painful because a lot of my friends lived in suburban Toronto and or buy a car. So for me this wouldn’t be much different although I can agree the ttc would be more bearable.

Hurontario LRT is a drop in the bucket fixing transit in the city as well getting around the city.

Even if you live 100% on Hurontario, the LRT will be slower than taking the car even if you are going to/from X place on Hurontario or a block of it.

As noted, even TTC can be painfully to get around the city, especially the suburb.

Will be surprise if more than 30% of new residents of the new development will use LRT to/from the Cooksville GO station once it get built with the rest using the car who are going there. More so if the loop gets built.

As for shopping, if one does a little shopping each day, it doesn't require the need for a car. I do this that i buy stuff in Toronto on my trip home to the point I am buying more in Toronto than Mississauga.

If you want a car, buy a unit with a parking space.

If you don't want a car, you should be able to save money buying a unit with no parking.

If you want a car, buy a unit with a parking space.

If you don't want a car, you should be able to save money buying a unit with no parking.
Easy to say when most places come with a parking spot or 2 for resale. Only now are we seeing buildings built with fewer parking spots that gives you an option to buy a spot or not. Mississauga is still pushing the 1:1 ratio when developers want to go less and even below 40% due to the medium requirements. Toronto moved to the no medium requirement last year.

Less parking requirements mean less digging and faster to grade that allows buyers/renters to gain access quicker. It also reduce the cost to build it which means it will cost less to buy or rent.

As long as buildings are being built for parking, we are building a city for cars than people where traffic will become 7/24 gridlock. Time to stop it. It has helps to kill transits as it becomes slower and slower to the point you can't put more vehicles on the road due to weak ridership/

Easy to say when most places come with a parking spot or 2 for resale. Only now are we seeing buildings built with fewer parking spots that gives you an option to buy a spot or not. Mississauga is still pushing the 1:1 ratio when developers want to go less and even below 40% due to the medium requirements. Toronto moved to the no medium requirement last year.

Less parking requirements mean less digging and faster to grade that allows buyers/renters to gain access quicker. It also reduce the cost to build it which means it will cost less to buy or rent.

As long as buildings are being built for parking, we are building a city for cars than people where traffic will become 7/24 gridlock. Time to stop it. It has helps to kill transits as it becomes slower and slower to the point you can't put more vehicles on the road due to weak ridership/

I am aware of Mississauga's ludicrous parking requirements and agree with everything you said. That's why I'll say it again: if you don't need a car, you should be able to buy or rent a unit with no parking space. Units with no parking are naturally cheaper. Unfortunately, this isn't possible due to Mississauga's parking requirements.

The developers for this project are requesting an amendment to reduce the number of parking spaces. It will be reviewed at the Planning and Development Committee meeting tomorrow. I hope the amendment goes through.

I am aware of Mississauga's ludicrous parking requirements and agree with everything you said. That's why I'll say it again: if you don't need a car, you should be able to buy or rent a unit with no parking space. Units with no parking are naturally cheaper. Unfortunately, this isn't possible due to Mississauga's parking requirements.

The developers for this project are requesting an amendment to reduce the number of parking spaces. It will be reviewed at the Planning and Development Committee meeting tomorrow. I hope the amendment goes through.
The Edge Towers were able to get 50% if it stood after been approved at Planning. The developer wanted to go less than 50%, but forced to go with 50% after much debate on council. Staff supported the lower ratio.

Pinnacle wanted reduce parking for their Uptown project, but was forced to go 1:1 as well having their project scale back 50%. Even after Uptown was approved, Council continue to down size the last 3 sites even more. The last 2 sites are smaller than plan for considering the LRT at the front door for the sites.

Again, what you want cannot be found in Mississauga at this time for most places. One hopes it will happen for this one and other new ones, but time will tell.

If Toronto just got rid of their parking building standards and Toronto is much more transit and walking friendly then why are we shocked that Mississauga hasn’t yet. If we changed our requirements within the next ten years I would say that was a win. Sure it’s behind but it would still be much further ahead of when Toronto did comparably.

is there retail on the ground level there? for some reason that doesn't look like retail to me. If it's on the LRT route, they'll want to make every stop a destination of sorts and this podium should be all retail.

is there retail on the ground level there? for some reason that doesn't look like retail to me. If it's on the LRT route, they'll want to make every stop a destination of sorts and this podium should be all retail.

There is retail, it's in the first post and I remember seeing it in the agenda documents.

This one is still moving with a recent resubmission in August 2023.

The storey counts are now 44, 40, 28 & 24 (previously 35, 33, 30, 9, 7).

The heights are now 149.96, 137.71, 99.67 & 86.95 metres (previously 116.80, 110.80, 100.41, 29.87 & 23.16 m)

Total units proposed is now 1658 (previously 1081).

New renderings:
OZOPA-21-11-W7-Architectural-Cover-Sheet-August-2023-0.jpg

OZOPA-21-11-W7-Renderings-2-August-2023-0.jpg

OZOPA-21-11-W7-Renderings-2-August-2023-1.jpg

OZOPA-21-11-W7-Renderings-August-2023-0.jpg

Updated Site/Phasing Plan:
OZOPA-21-11-W7-Phasing-Plan-August-2023-1.jpg

Back