Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Recent photos taken Feb 12, 2011

5439674200_465cf4ef1b_b.jpg

5439069651_f4f05a1594_b.jpg

5439071003_95fa9d96c3_b.jpg

great shots ^^^. wow. the crane is right up on the east side of the site! i guess the park will be the very last thing finished. will there be a 2nd crane for the tower?

I've got to think there will be a second crane for a project that size. The way they stage these things the first crane is always in a few weeks before the second, so they can start pouring while they finish excavating the rest of the site.

That crane is too far from the tower, even for an external crane. This crane must be for the northern lower section of the project and general site usage. The tower crane is still to come.

sorry to go off topic what's the deal with the Ritz in that photo ^^^ is the discoloured section because of drywall?

and that parking lot in the foreground in front of 300 is bound to go in the future. :)

A couple of pics to show the range of some of todays zoom lenses. The first one was taken without any zoom at all and the second was at full zoom. The detail that can be attained at full zoom is quite amazing. The second image is very large and will require some scrolling.

cranefar.jpg

craneclose.jpg

sorry to go off topic what's the deal with the Ritz in that photo ^^^ is the discoloured section because of drywall?

and that parking lot in the foreground in front of 300 is bound to go in the future. :)
It's just the way the sun is hitting the south side of the building, lighting up those units.

No it's not, that makes no sense. Why would the sun be hitting that one section only?

I think it's because that section of units are drywalled/completed. Yes the sun is highlighting that for us, but the sun is hitting the entire facade on the west side, not just that strip.

Back