Toronto 2810 Bayview | 29.97m | 7s | Osmington Gerofsky | Kirkor

the-bayview-3.jpg
the-bayview-4.jpg

Osmington Gerofsky and Alterra have picked this one up with the addition of 2816 Bayview to expand the site and support higher density.

Conceptual massing for a tower was produced by Kirkor, but we can expect an entirely new consultant team here:
1710364143243.png

I'm really curious how OGDC is going to achieve the 20m stepback requirement to the neighbourhoods to the east with their tower. The homes have a depth of 33m, which is not enough.

Agree w/ @ProjectEnd - 2818 bayview doesn't work well alone for tower. It has the depth for it, but not the width to hit the 12.5m stepbacks to north and south. It would need assembly w/ 2816

I'm really curious how OGDC is going to achieve the 20m stepback requirement to the neighbourhoods to the east with their tower. The homes have a depth of 33m, which is not enough.

Agree w/ @ProjectEnd - 2818 bayview doesn't work well alone for tower. It has the depth for it, but not the width to hit the 12.5m stepbacks to north and south. It would need assembly w/ 2816

Osmington Gerofsky and Alterra have picked this one up with the addition of 2816 Bayview to expand the site and support higher density.

2816 doesn't add depth to the site, just width. So you can hit your 12.5m to the N and S very comfortably now, but it still doesn't solve the 20m stepback req to the neighbourhoods.

Unless these guys are doing a 10m wide tower with 20m stepbacks to the back and 3m to the front, or seeking reprieve from the city on the 20m req, or the homes to the east have been redesignated between Jan 2024 and today... I'm very curious to see how they pull it off.

And I don't think the city is ready to bend on the 20m stepback to neighbourhoods req yet given a number of recent tower approvals in midtown are hinging on it. And interestingly enough, I understand the 20m stepback as being a guideline in the tall buildings manual and not policy

1711557610917.png

Back