Toronto 250 University | 155.76m | 47s | Northam | Arcadis

Bank of Canada building, s/w corner of University Avenue and Queen.

Not sure about extent of heritage protection, if any, but nice facade, would hate to see that go.

I believe the site is contemplated for an entrance to the new subway station as well.

Tall?

Bank of Canada building, s/w corner of University Avenue and Queen.

Not sure about extent of heritage protection, if any, but nice facade, would hate to see that go.

I believe the site is contemplated for an entrance to the new subway station as well.

No kidding

dHAPnmt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rbt
Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevelopment on the lands municipally known as 250 University Avenue for a 54-storey mixed-use building. The project consists of a mix of 495 residential units, 669 sq. m. of retail space, 12,463 sq. m of office space, and 36,337 sq. m of residential area. This results in a total gross floor area of 49,469 sq. metres.

Honestly I rather see a well executed tower from scratch than more whatever-franken-dectomy. Nobody lay any fingers, or have indecent designs on 200 University Ave. though!

AoD

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOO! Enough with dropping glass condo towers on classic commercial buildings. Leave the building alone! Worst case, do a matching addition like 179 John or the Shell Oil building at 505 University.

If Manhattan can protect 80% from redevelopment there's no reason Toronto shouldn't be able to keep redevelopment for buildings like this. 50 storey towers isn't how you make housing affordable.

If Manhattan can protect 80% from redevelopment there's no reason Toronto shouldn't be able to keep redevelopment for buildings like this. 50 storey towers isn't how you make housing affordable.

Because we are too busy protecting the other 80% of Toronto from redevelopment.

AoD

Back