Toronto 245 Queen Street East | 94.3m | 25s | ONE Properties | Graziani + Corazza

Nice to see some scale coming to the eastern end of downtown. Some of the infill up till now has been decent but I've never been in favour of that lower density vision for the area. This is far better and will jump start things; especially with the Unilever plans further to the east and some relatively tall buildings to the south at the Distillery.

I'd like to see more detailed plans for that pedestrian lane.

Yeah, let's tell it as it is. This is just within the border of a gentrified booming condo land and Moss Park. There's a massive new condo just to the west of the site on the same block. Urbantoronto's location is or once was within spitting distance of this site. I doubt Ed owns a bullet proof vest and, if he does, wore it when he left the office at night.

Given the current scale I won't be surprised if council or NIMBY cuts this down.

TI

Let's hope so. It doesn't fit the neighbourhood plan and the architecture is far from the level to even consider an exception.

Yeah, let's tell it as it is. This is just within the border of a gentrified booming condo land and Moss Park. There's a massive new condo just to the west of the site on the same block. Urbantoronto's location is or once was within spitting distance of this site. I doubt Ed owns a bullet proof vest and, if he does, wore it when he left the office at night.
Still is. And none of us own body armour AFAIK

I've been trying to like this 'chop at the top' motif all three share but I still can't dig it.

I'm not opposed to the height, it's the dismal massing - not enough variation. They look stodgy and cramped.

Reactions: DSC
Thanks! dataBase file and thread title updated.

Their own heritage impact statement, which they commissioned and paid for (such an unconscionable conflict of interest inherent in Toronto's planning process -- but I digress), says that 251 Queen Street East has heritage value. Of course, they're planning to knock it down. What are they odds they threw that demolition in as a bargaining chip that they can back down on as a nice little "compromise" when negotiating with planning? Do I sound cynical?

Back