Toronto 22 Condominiums | ?m | 23s | Lanterra | architectsAlliance

Are there any plans to develop the large parking lot across the street. It extends all the way to the next street south. The funny thing is, at both ends of the parking lot are pleasant iron-looking gates that say "walkway", but they just lead into the parking lot itself :rolleyes:

That walkway used to be painted through the parking lot to guide you to the continuation of it after the parking lot from what I remember.
It goes all the way to Bloor from what I remember also.

PS: Shouldn't this thread be moved to the other forum?

3672333149_135105a62d_o.jpg

3672333309_b60d7e38d4_o.jpg

That last photo is really beautiful, 42! And the hidden peeping tom is coming out in me... I can't help but want to keep staring at it.

Very nice photo, I especially like how the zoom of the telephoto exaggerates the elevation change of the land in the background.

lol ... i had different views than you guys.

i thought i42 posted those pics as a comment on how cluttered and unsightly clear glass balconies can be. :D

lol ... i had different views than you guys.

i thought i42 posted those pics as a comment on how cluttered and unsightly clear glass balconies can be. :D

Agreed. Which is why I am concerned how Casa will look once it is all moved in....

Living with uninterrupted views of the city below and beyond is the essence of high-rise urban living though, and floor-to-ceiling windows and glass balcony fronts are the ultimate enabler and expression of those values - here, at Spire, at Casa etc. As the photo shows, residents of this building reveal as little or as much of their lives and their homes as they want: some keep their white curtains drawn, some drape rainbow flags from their balconies, and some have lots of plants. It's as democratic as a low rise residential street, though the appeal of high rise living is different.

I think it all looks quite nice in this example. Little specks of additional colours and signs of human life and activity. A postcard for dense, vertical living. It's not as if the residents are hanging their laundry out or going over board like the folks who live on the 2nd floor of the south side.

I wish I was on the invite list for that get-together on the penthouse level. It looks perfect.

I agree strongly with Casaguy - the photo above captures a lively, intense scene of human activity that is pleasing, all the more so for being constrained in such a rationalist framework as this building presents. They strike me as perfect for each other.

There is nothing more depressing or deadening than suburban-type gated communities that create rules to dictate what can be where. Some friends who live in a gated community in Mississauga were told that they couldn't leave a pickup overnight in their driveway - doesn't look right. I'd rather die than live there.

The curtains should all be white or off white, but you folks make an interesting argument (btw, you'd love São Paulo :) )

If only they had have painted the underside of the balcony slabs here (Radio City too).

Last edited:
I agree strongly with Casaguy - the photo above captures a lively, intense scene of human activity that is pleasing, all the more so for being constrained in such a rationalist framework as this building presents. They strike me as perfect for each other.

There is nothing more depressing or deadening than suburban-type gated communities that create rules to dictate what can be where. Some friends who live in a gated community in Mississauga were told that they couldn't leave a pickup overnight in their driveway - doesn't look right. I'd rather die than live there.

I agree, completely.

I had seen the building for the first time last Sunday as I hadn't been down that stretch in a while and I got to appreciate it from the ground.
It looked really appealing for the very reason that it seemed to be so open.
I like my privacy as much as anyone else but there's something to be said for a certain ability to be so open to the street, your neighbours, and really, the world.
I think it's a thousand times more homely, welcoming, and appealing than a forced-conformity/standard residential space/area.

I suppose we might say: give me vibrancy or give me death.

You didn't look into the lobby then. :p

I glanced.

It looked a bit....underwhelming but, given the fun factor of the rest of the building, I didn't pay it much attention. I'm not sure I could even describe it for you right now. Mind you, this was last Sunday and there was much too much going on for me to be eyeing a building for too long. I sat for a while in the alleyway diagonally across the street from it and looked up at it from there for the most part.

Back