Brampton 2036 Bovaird Drive West | 82.5m | 25s | Carom Management | Arch. Unfolded

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
More density planned in northwest Brampton near Mount Pleasant GO.

This proposal is for the northwest corner of Bovaird Drive and Mississauga Road, on the site of the popular Apple Factory shop. In the proposal, there three mixed-use buildings, with the tallest building adjacent the intersection, with commercial and medical office uses on the lower floors, 973 apartment units, and 72 townhouse units (total of 1,045 residential units).

Though this plan is only in the pre-consultation stage, the proponent is already seeking demolition of the Apple Factory and adjacent properties.

Fullscreen capture 2022-08-10 41040 PM.jpg

More density planned in northwest Brampton near Mount Pleasant GO.

This proposal is for the northwest corner of Bovaird Drive and Mississauga Road, on the site of the popular Apple Factory shop.

Oh no. I didn't know Apple Factory was closing. A Brampton icon.

This is just urban sprawl disguised as "mixed use living". Truly disappointing that the local gem the Apple Factory had to close for this parking-filled, car dependent monstrosity that will create more problems than solutions.

lol I love how "sprawl" has been co-opted as a derogatory term for literally any development someone doesn't like. Even if it's very high density - just call it "vertical sprawl" and done!

This is most definitely not sprawl. Basically nothing built in the GTA in 2024 is "sprawl" in the traditional sense of the term.

lol I love how "sprawl" has been co-opted as a derogatory term for literally any development someone doesn't like. Even if it's very high density - just call it "vertical sprawl" and done!

This is most definitely not sprawl. Basically nothing built in the GTA in 2024 is "sprawl" in the traditional sense of the term.
Thank you for adding vertical sprawl to my vocabulary! Check out the lands surrounding this development (farmland). What happens to the rest of this area after this development from that way of thinking? Severe lack of green space/farmland in the GTA in the future, losing farmers and local produce. Just because we can build in this direction, doesn't mean we should.

@k890 your real beef is with the flawed paradigm of infinite growth and greed that drives our economy, not this particular development, which is but a symptom of the real problem.

Thank you for adding vertical sprawl to my vocabulary! Check out the lands surrounding this development (farmland). What happens to the rest of this area after this development from that way of thinking? Severe lack of green space/farmland in the GTA in the future, losing farmers and local produce. Just because we can build in this direction, doesn't mean we should.

I second Undead's message - direct your anger at the real villain/underlying issue *cough* uncontrolled immigration levels *cough* not developers trying to build housing for the ridiculous influx of people our government is bringing in

@k890 your real beef is with the flawed paradigm of infinite growth and greed that drives our economy, not this particular development, which is but a symptom of the real problem.

Last edited:

Back