Toronto Q Tower | 197.4m | 59s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Yeah, I'd really like to see the City and the Feds figure out a plan to package together that Green P -- which is directly adjacent to the Fort York Armoury -- and the Armoury to build affordable housing; it's a potentially very large site, so you could have some pretty extensive community facilities and retail there as well which would really humanize what is really a drab little car-dominated pocket.

The City also frustratingly built a not insignificant amount of new surface parking immediately to the north of there as part of the Bentway build (which is why you can't see it on the aerial), but alas.

Yeah, I'd really like to see the City and the Feds figure out a plan to package together that Green P -- which is directly adjacent to the Fort York Armoury -- and the Armoury to build affordable housing; it's a potentially very large site, so you could have some pretty extensive community facilities and retail there as well which would really humanize what is really a drab little car-dominated pocket.

The City also frustratingly built a not insignificant amount of new surface parking immediately to the north of there as part of the Bentway build (which is why you can't see it on the aerial), but alas.

The parking at Strachan is an easy 'yes'............

The Armoury, while not designated, is listed.

1610663301080.png

Not the prettiest of buildings:

1610663372723.png

The Green P lot is 0.4ha

The Armoury parking to the east is also 0.4ha

The Armoury site itself (building + front landscape and rear parking) is 0.9ha

Together, 1.7ha or 4.2 acres

Edit to add; that brings up Toronto's modest Naval Base, HMCS York

Its actually a 1.2ha footprint.

The armoury is an amazing building. Lamellar arches (behind Georgian facades). Photo Vik Pahwa.
4F7A6DA3-8553-4EA3-A621-5AB6D20296C0.jpeg

Back