Toronto 1960 Eglinton East | 135m | 48s | IBI Group

Don't know how to reply to the above, it was LRT or nothing under Transit City... Which is fine, as I don't see how this line could have been approved and built at the length proposed if not as LRT. As @BurlOak is like to remind, the best solution was a hybrid Crosstown-Scarborough LRT scheme that would have been underground through the Golden Mile, until the idea was destroyed by City Council in favour of the transfer LRT and then the Scarborough Subway.

The good thing however is that there will be many relief points along the Crosstown corridor where passengers can transfer onto other subway lines if their destination is downtown for instance. If the Ontario Line is built, there would be one at both Don Mills and Kennedy, splitting peak demand.

So I am not terribly worried about the density proposed at the Golden Mile.

I think the City is fighting almost every single proposal in the Golden Mile at this point, or darn close.

Add this one to the list.

Request for Direction Report to oppose this at LPAT is headed to the April 23rd meeting of SCC.

From said report:

1617980044161.png

1617980068413.png

1617980086006.png

This one was the subject of a settlement offer before the last meeting of City Council. That offer has now been adopted. There are material revisions.

From the offer:

1671811052245.png

Offer Link:

Revised Site Plan (the park is not as silly as it looks, the abutting site to the east features a major park here)

1671811214858.png

1671811376747.png

1671811455875.png

No renders included.

Unhealthy parking ratios. Unless they include parking for the employment component which looks like 3-4,000 jobs judging by the area.

Also, why does the parking provision column say "required"? I thought minimums were removed.

Back