Toronto 1956 Weston | 116.2m | 35s | Weston Asset Management | Graziani + Corazza

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Weston & Lawrence W continue to experience a boom in new developments.

1956 WESTON RD
Ward 05 - Etob. York District

*Includes all properties between 1956 to 1986 Weston Rd

Two 29-storey residential towers, inclusive of a 12-storey mixed use podium with two levels of parking below grade.

Last edited:
The bulk of the site space for this development will be the former Greenland Farm Supermarket along Weston Rd.

Some local community coverage about it in recent years:

Curious to see the layout of this and how it is impacted by the provincial push for density around MTSAs. Specifically the Weston GO station.

12 storeys as a podium is laughable. On what planet do they think that constitutes a podium? That's an entire midrise (and the high end of what is even considered midrise).

Too much density; the tower floor plates are too large (870sqm), the towers are too close (22m) and at 12 storeys the podium is too tall.

I actually don't mind the 12 storey podium here, it is relatively well hidden by the setback and the brick of the lower levels. I can't see it making an impact on pedestrian user-experience at ground-level.

As for the density, well, we've got to house people somewhere and this area strangely has become one area where City Planning allows development (possibly due to the area being an afterthought and maybe due to confusion of there being a King, John, and Church street here :p) and there is a higher-order transit station nearby.

This is great but the building needs to be pushed back to give more sidewalk space. This sidewalk is too tight now and not welcoming at all.

This is great but the building needs to be pushed back to give more sidewalk space. This sidewalk is too tight now and not welcoming at all.

Have to agree. Maybe include a parking layby so that short-term streetfront parking would be available for quick pickups.

Last edited:
Lawrence and Weston has the foundations for the next major development hub on the rise. The urban bones are already in place at the intersection and along a fair amount of Weston. The transit hub offering area residents the option of taking the GO train and UP express to reach downtown is a massive boost as well. I have a friend who's moved into the area in recent years and takes the UP to Union for work every day.

I find the new Weston Common project to be a great addition that has not only introduced healthy intensification but also contributed towards community and public space. It's a good model for future growth. I can see the area continuing to gradually develop around this core.

Last edited:
There will also be an increase in the need for public storage facilitates. The lockers in the condos are usually too small. If they end up with "empty" car spaces in their garages, maybe they should convert them into storage lockers.

While the architect here is unfortunate (hope that changes with upcoming submissions), it'd be a good boost to the area.

Recent subdivision approval, no documents yet.

1634334210883.png

At least in the case here the large storefront isn't being left vacant like in other places in the city for years. Dollarama opened at the beginning of the year.

1634334638055.png

Back