Toronto 1900 Eglinton East | 159.95m | 48s | SmartCentres | a—A

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
1900 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 21 - Scarborough District
▼View All Properties

1900 EGLINTON AVE E​

Official Plan Amendment application to add new policies to the Official Plan for the site at the northwest corner of Hakimi Ave and Eglinton Ave E (SmartCentres). The Site and Area Specific Policies (SASP) would permit a future mixed-use development with new streets and parkland on the site located within the Golden Mile Secondary Plan study area.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA​
19 208733 ESC 21 OZ​
Aug 20, 2019​
Under Review​

3rqwasdw.JPG
5hrtd.JPG
34r2wwas.JPG

244fwase.JPG

Off the bat.........I have no idea why 2/3 of the parkland is labelled privately owned, that's got to go. POPS are fine, but I want my parks public thanks.

Also the conceptual massing along Eglinton is gross. Its a wide road, and a tall streetwall would be perfectly appropriate. But some human scaling is required.

On the upside the site is currently trash, an endless, ugly, big box Walmart-centric centre that turns its back on all perimeter roads.

So it would be hard for them to make it any worse!

I see courtyard blocks... this is very good. Hopefully those green connections that link the courtyards together stay in the plan as well.

The density along here is crazy for what is really just a relatively low capacity in median LRT.
I agree. I think for median LRT this far from Downtown predominantly mid rise maybe 8-11 storeys with a few towers at the LRT stops would be appropriate. With some of the proposals that have been submitted it looks like this area will just become a sea of high rises.

The density along here is crazy for what is really just a relatively low capacity in median LRT.
At least with the Eglinton Crosstown there will be many "relief" points. However, we're gonna end up regretting that in-median section if we don't build the Relief Line/Ontario Line to Eglinton.

New ZBA application submitted:

Project description:

Development Applications
As those will be just two of several buildings on a large site, once the documents come in, a new thread should be started for Phase 1, 1900 Eglinton Av E. This thread would remain for overall planning of the site, including park plans, etc.

Back