Toronto 18 Elm | 134.09m | 39s | Westerkirk Capital | BDP Quadrangle

I like the look of the restored facades on 65 King Street East. Four individually constructed buildings were still destroyed. Facades are a sales pitch. Mentioning them in the context of 18 Elm is not fully grasping what preservation means,. This is 140 year old, Romanesque YWCA that would qualify as an A should Ontario have a grading system like everyone else does. An A grade is hands off for any sort of modern alterations.

Chicago's inventory of pre WW2 buildings is incomparable to Torontos. New York has demolishes towers that would make most of us here weep.They still have the greatest inventory of untouchable buildings in North America.

I like the look of the restored facades on 65 King Street East. Four individually constructed buildings were still destroyed. Facades are a sales pitch. Mentioning them in the context of 18 Elm is not fully grasping what preservation means,. This is 140 year old, Romanesque YWCA that would qualify as an A should Ontario have a grading system like everyone else does. An A grade is hands off for any sort of modern alterations.

Chicago's inventory of pre WW2 buildings is incomparable to Torontos. New York has demolishes towers that would make most of us here weep.They still have the greatest inventory of untouchable buildings in North America.

Just for clarity, the original building here was demolished a long time ago, this is already a facadectomy today.

But I still don't like it, as I think the new overbears on the old, diminishes it.

Back