Toronto 175 Wynford Drive | 177m | 54s | Freed | AS + GG

240 Adelaide and now this. do you think FREED is going to hire them for more projects?

I can't speak on behalf of what exactly they'll do in the future. But Freed did have an interview last year where he said that they'll be focusing on larger scale, master planned type developments in the future, instead of smaller ones where they've done in the past. They can go with any architectural firm of course, but I imagine it's possible for more AS + GG if the opportunity is right.

This are some nice looking buildings, huge improvement from the previous boring blocky massing in the previous rendition. Love the curves
Nice looking is not a criteria for appropriate development. This thing is more dense than both the Golden Mile and Don Mills/Eglinton properties that have been subject to Secondary Plan Studies and are more connected to transit and complete community amenities like schools, shopping etc.The proposed FSI here is about twice those two.

Nice looking is not a criteria for appropriate development. This thing is more dense than both the Golden Mile and Don Mills/Eglinton properties that have been subject to Secondary Plan Studies and are more connected to transit and complete community amenities like schools, shopping etc.The proposed FSI here is about twice those two.
All I was saying is that this is an improvement in design over the previous version. I was not commenting on whether this development is appropriate for this area because frankly when it comes to this city that doesn't even matter.

Sometimes buildings way out of scale get approved and other times they get chopped for seemingly no good reason, so I won't even weigh in I'll just wait and see what the city has to say.

Wow, we really forgot about this one..........

18 months later.....

A report for this one is going to City Council next week. The details are public. These are revised plans set to be before the OLT

First the Stats:

1679675740652.png

1679675784943.png

1679675865639.png

There are also elevation drawings available through the various attached Arch. files, But the above is probably the easiest to understand visual representation.

Last edited:
Wow, we really forgot about this one..........

18 months later.....

A report for this one is going to City Council next week. The details are public. These are revised plans set to be before the OLT

First the Stats:

View attachment 463835
View attachment 463836

View attachment 463837

There are also elevation drawings available through the various attached Arch. files, But the above is probably the easiest to understand visual representation.
When is this matter going to the OLT and how long does a decision take to come out? aka when could an approval come.

Also I noticed they went back to 4 buildings? Think this will pass at the OLT

When is this matter going to the OLT

The hearing is scheduled for April 24, they usually run about a week.

and how long does a decision take to come out? aka when could an approval come.

Decision issuance thereafter can vary, but generally a few weeks after a hearing the decision will come out. Though it's sometimes a bit longer.

Also I noticed they went back to 4 buildings?

Correct.

Think this will pass at the OLT

Not sure.

I have the impression that Planning staff feel they are on solid ground saying no here; but that will be what the substance of the confidential reports are to Council, I imagine.

What are our chances? What are the range of possible outcomes? Is there a better deal to be had?

The City rarely wins at OLT, but it does happen now again; see the proposal at Church and Wellesley.

The hearing is scheduled for April 24, they usually run about a week.

Decision issuance thereafter can vary, but generally a few weeks after a hearing the decision will come out. Though its sometimes a bit longer.

Correct.

Not sure.

I have the impression that Planning staff feel they are on solid ground saying no here; but that will be what the substance of the confidential reports are to Council, I imagine.

What are our chances? What are the range of possible outcomes? Is there a better deal to be had?

The City rarely wins at OLT, but it does happen now again; see the proposal at Church and Wellesley.
Hopefully this matter is resolved sooner rather than later. Lots of projects are proposed on the Eglinton between Leslie and Warden and are truly just taking forever in the approval process. With the LRT coming in the density makes sense. Faster they get the area growing the better.

"Win" is a perspective thing here though. As the proposals there after have been absolute crap that's all out of touch with that community...so what was gained in all of this? The City now has pointless bragging rights? /bleh

Site is up for sale

Site is up for sale

@Northern Light What is the purpose of putting this site on sale? Why not just build it now that has been approved? Wouldn't this make lots of $? Am confused here. Also this sale will likely push the project... occupancy not till the 2030s at the earliest you think?

@Northern Light What is the purpose of putting this site on sale? Why not just build it now that has been approved? Wouldn't this make lots of $? Am confused here. Also this sale will likely push the project... occupancy not till the 2030s at the earliest you think?

I can't speak to the motives/plans of the sellers, beyond the obvious, that pursuing the building of this, at this time, doesn't fit in their plans.

Just because building something may be profitable doesn't mean you do it though; you have to have the available capital.

The current environment is challenging in that regard; sales have slowed, and there's a question of what else is likely to come to market in the next while and whether it may be better positioned for success than this site.

Speculating on occupancy isn't fruitful here, since the site hasn't yet been sold, and we don't know whether new owners would seek to keep the existing approved plans etc etc.

Of note, the sales document notes approved density; But what came before Council, publicly is not what was approved at OLT in June of this year. * confidential items in the Council Report were never made public

It's close, but not the same.

Heights

Total GFA

1,841,559 sq. ft.

Total Residential GFA

1,628,330 sq. ft.

Total Non-Residential GFA2

150,489 sq. ft.

Total Residential Units

Back