Toronto TD Terrace (160 Front W) | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Unlike M+G I must concede, this project does not violate the neighbourhood height limit, and respects the site's heritage building.
I don't see any reason for the design review board to butcher this. Hope fully an out-of-the-box (literally!) office tower designed by the architect of a kilometre-high tower will grace the skyline of Toronto.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Just to clarify…

The original renderings show two towers (office and residential) of roughly equal height. Has that plan been scrapped in favour of this new, single tower proposal?

If this gets built...
urbantoronto-9512-33389.jpg

...I will always make this sound when I walk out of Union:
[video=youtube_share;38v51JvIv0A]http://youtu.be/38v51JvIv0A[/video]

(and gladly at that, quite a nice design, not just because it reminds me of a talking boat).

Do they have an office in Canada or Toronto?
Possibilities are IBM can be a tenant

IBM have significant operations in Markham. Like most "old, boring" tech/consulting companies, I assume they would prefer to stay in the burbs. My guess for this would be something in finance.

Accounting firms are out and I can't think of a law firm quite big enough to headline a tower of this size. I think a bank is a sound wager and probably go with Scotia seeing they sold their building, bought ING Direct and, have been rumoured as shoppers for new space.

well we did have Apple take the dive and will be moving in to the southcore area, so possibly more tech companies might make the switch as well. It would be great to get more diversity downtown than the usual big boys in law/accounting/financial etc.

I don't like the bulge at the centre or the awkwardly placed balconies. Balconies don't belong in the middle of an office building, I would rather have a large outdoor terrace ala Royal Bank Plaza. Looks like they borrowed the indentation from L tower and the rooftop from Trump Tower.

Last edited:
IBM have significant operations in Markham. Like most "old, boring" tech/consulting companies, I assume they would prefer to stay in the burbs. My guess for this would be something in finance.

IBM used to be downtown. The TD Centre tower south of Wellington was once the IBM tower.

Rental rates in the "burbs" are much more affordable. Can't think of a single reason a company like IBM would move back downtown.

Back