Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

You don't just get a zing by saying 'zing'… unless analytical thinking is no longer a part of the whole zinger process.

Silence&Motion copied an image of the Bay Adelaide Centre. I said "when you create something this complex…". What's complex about the BAC? It couldn't be simpler. With 160 Front West we are looking at a different animal.

Employ some standards!

(Not that BAC isn't refined. It's refined, there just wasn't any experimentation.)

You don't just get a zing by saying 'zing'… unless analytical thinking is no longer a part of the whole zinger process.

Silence&Motion copied an image of the Bay Adelaide Centre. I said "when you create something this complex…". What's complex about the BAC? It couldn't be simpler. With 160 Front West we are looking at a different animal.

Employ some standards!

(Not that BAC isn't refined. It's refined, there just wasn't any experimentation.)

But a picture is worth a thousand words my friend. ;-)

The juxtaposition of the 'daring' and 'adventurous' BA West in comparison to its austere sister was hilarious taken with your comment of further refining a complex design.

Gave me a good laugh. As it should have.

I wonder what this is all about:confused:
At one time CF had a 60+ storey condo tower planned for this address?

43 SIMCOE ST
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

to obtain site plan approval for the construction of a 46 storey office tower with a total of 324 parking spaces provided below grade.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 260532 STE 20 SA Dec 4, 2014 Under Review

I wonder if this will replace that stubby office building north of 160 Front on Simcoe (145 Wellington Street West)? Does CF own this? Maybe CF is planning ahead for a two-tower complex between Front and Wellington?

145wellingtonstwruckera.jpg

Attachments

• 145wellingtonstwruckera.jpg
    145wellingtonstwruckera.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,248
43 Simcoe is the address of the north side of 160 Front's podium. Either it's a second tower or they're lowering the height.

The planning report from July 18, 2014 lists this one as 156-174 Front St W and 43-51 Simcoe St, so unfortunately it looks like a reduction.
Or hopefully a typo in the site plan approval document...

Has to be for 160 Front as it states site plan approval which is a later stage in the process. Perhaps someone got confused with the number of floors above the podium with the total number of floors. Maybe they have a tenant but, one not large enough to anchor a 54 storey tower.

The profile is looking less elegant now with the shorter height. Still, good to see this tower closer to getting started. It should be very well done.

It also looks like they're planning an underground PATH connection to Simcoe Place.

The profile is looking less elegant now with the shorter height. Still, good to see this tower closer to getting started. It should be very well done.

It also looks like they're planning an underground PATH connection to Simcoe Place.

I can't find a link to the report, could you link me?

It's the trademarked CF height reduction. The one at RBC Centre killed the design.

Back