Toronto 153 Logan Ave | ?m | 5s | Percy Ellis

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Percy Ellis are planning a 5-storey apartment building with commercial space at this site on Eastern Ave, just east of Logan. Notable, this used to be the Hell's Angels clubhouse in Leslieville:

494-498 Eastern Avenue, Toronto

Raw land development into 5 storey apartment building steps from proposed subway line adjacent future Unilever master plan redevelopment

Type: Mixed commercial residential

Residential Space: 25,000 sf

Commercial Space: 5,000 sf

1598817979355.png

Last edited:
Bring it on. Eastern can't change up fast enough. It's a cool street with a great history but it's kind of grotty and uneven. Will be good to see more people actually living along it.

Agreed - it has a lot of potential. Not sure how transit service is along it though - it will probably need to be improved. Some good craft breweries in the area too!

Rorschach is my go-to (love their Mexican lager) but many of my neighbours love Black Lab 'cos it's dog-friendly and they swear by their beers.

There is spotty transit along Eastern by the east end of Leslieville,, serving the post office peeps primarily, and the same route also covers Commissioner St and Greenwood. I don't know that we'll ever get major dedicated transit along Eastern though, considering that Queen is just one block north. But what do I know - maybe long-term planning for it is already in the works?

Looks like the assembly has now been expanded to include the 3 homes right at the NE corner of Eastern & Logan:

488-498 Eastern Ave / 153 Logan Ave, Toronto

Located right in the heart of Leslieville this up and coming project is mere steps from all the local hot spots on Queen St.

Whether you want to take transit or have easy access to the Gardener or DVP, this site is for you!

easlog.JPG
easlog2.JPG

I'm pumped for this. I wish they could go a bit taller. These neighbourhoods can handle so much more midrise but much of this node including the houses up and down Carlaw are designated Employment for some odd reason.

I'd appreciate if the Wonder project could stop occupying the north sidewalk any time now. It's been closed for years.

Give it time, it'll happen. Soon enough things will get better along that stretch. I for one look forward to seeing more people on the street along that stretch, period; it's not exactly been manna for pedestrians since, well, ever. At least not since I've been haunting the East end. Eastern's long had a very utilitarian, industrial vibe. Now that new residential infill is picking up steam, the pace of change is finally going to truly accelerate.

That noted, I want to stress the importance of employment in this area. Where once it was tanneries and metal shops, it's now film studios and ancillary businesses to support that - along with graphic design firms, recording studios and the like. The new housing has to fit into that larger matrix - the area is nothing if not mixed use.

That noted, I want to stress the importance of employment in this area. Where once it was tanneries and metal shops, it's now film studios and ancillary businesses to support that - along with graphic design firms, recording studios and the like. The new housing has to fit into that larger matrix - the area is nothing if not mixed use.
1000% percent. I am just picking on the strangeness of the Employment Designation on the houses on Carlaw which also covers a bunch of established neighbourhoods on Morse and Logan as well. I've circled the site.

1648762711235.png

I live right next to both of these dumps and I can tell you that nothing has improved since they've built the office that now occupies the space that used to be the Hells Angel's clubhouse. My dwelling is next to the house at (500 Eastern Avenue). I don't have access to ANY sunlight now; especially since another condo has been built where the Weston's bread factory used to be. These buildings may be nice to look at and possibly nice to live in; but they don't do anything for people in the community who live next to them, as they block any sunlight that would shine upon them. If you think that's a brilliant plan for these developers to make, then these are the condominiums for you to live in. I wonder if they'll rent me rooftop space to plant my tomatoes?

I live right next to both of these dumps and I can tell you that nothing has improved since they've built the office that now occupies the space that used to be the Hells Angel's clubhouse. My dwelling is next to the house at (500 Eastern Avenue). I don't have access to ANY sunlight now; especially since another condo has been built where the Weston's bread factory used to be. These buildings may be nice to look at and possibly nice to live in; but they don't do anything for people in the community who live next to them, as they block any sunlight that would shine upon them. If you think that's a brilliant plan for these developers to make, then these are the condominiums for you to live in. I wonder if they'll rent me rooftop space to plant my tomatoes?

IE11c2ljLmpwZw.jpg

Back