Toronto 150 Eglinton East | 236.75m | 61s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

At some point a mural was added to the wall.

IMG_20180926_173117.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180926_173117.jpg
    IMG_20180926_173117.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 1,592
Of all the dated buildings along this stretch, it's upsetting that this one is being redeveloped. It is a relic of a different time and has aged well, not to mention that we hardly see much stone cladding on buidlings anymore.

Despite the new proposal, Copacabana is remodelling?

Sorry for the blurry photos, but it says they will reopen in March of 2019
IMG_20181226_172109.jpg

Four Barrel Holly's is now permanently closed. The sign says corporate functions but I haven't seen even the lights on in several weeks.

With Copacabana also closed (for renovations?) this is a pretty sad looking building right now.

But, the west side wall mural is complete and has now been detailed with colour-changing neon (I think LED) strips. Looks terrific. There is more paint and lighting in the alley but I didn't get a photo -- too cold to stop again lol.

IMG_4014[1].JPG

IMG_4076[1].JPG

IMG_4079[1].JPG

Bizarre, that reno couldn't have been cheap, and I found the food to be pretty good the few times I checked it out.

Bizarre, that reno couldn't have been cheap, and I found the food to be pretty good the few times I checked it out.
It didn't have much of a personality to me. Kind of vague, grungey, paint on the walls, mish-mash of styles. And meanwhile Bar Buca opened just down the street with terrific offerings and a beautiful space, and appears to be thriving.

Very sad. They just dumped a bunch of money to have it renovated.

Check out their website:

http://fourbarrelhollys.ca/

"SORRY WE ARE DOWN UNFORTUNATLEY BECAUSE WE DONT PAY PEOPLE FOR THEIR SERVICES AND HENCE ITS SAD TO SAY WE MUSTMAKE A STAND SO WE CAN GET PAID. "

hmm....
Sure looks like the website developers did not get paid.

Back