Toronto 15 Charles East | 216m | 66s | Republic | Arcadis

Here come the Halloween jokes.
Behold!

The world's largest phone power bank:

Orange Power Bank.jpg

1647277707311-png.385360

Request for Direction Report seeking to have staff oppose this one at the OLT, to the next meeting of TEYCC:

The primary concern seems to be setbacks from the property lines and whether or not this site is appropriate to a tall building at all.

1655555742005.png

Also some question regarding net new shadow on George Hislop Park.

Indeed, density is not appropriate a stone's throw from the most significant intersection in the country. At times, I just don't get staff's thinking.

Indeed, density is not appropriate a stone's throw from the most significant intersection in the country. At times, I just don't get staff's thinking.

I did highlight some of their thinking in the post.

A more fulsome explanation can be found in the linked report.

The argument is not against density; it's against the massing, the setbacks, the shadows etc etc.

One can agree/disagree on the merits of these, and I think debate is excellent; but just riding on staff w/o reading their points and showing why you disagree......

I hope the bar/restaurant Ehwa at 16 Isabella can move to a new spot close by.
Likewise - hopefully with an equally spacious back patio. My partner and I love sitting on the patio, getting our usual order of the dak galbi (chicken) and washing it down with some soju.

Last edited:
A bit ago @ProjectEnd said the above; a man not known for understatement, but here he did.

Settlement offer is now public and was was adopted, building is now 66 floors.

Link to all the links:

Link to settlement offer:

From the above:

1689015352068.png

1689015381410.png

* note that the 150m2 park is fine here, as it is an expansion of the existing George Hislop Park.

Elevator standard is very close, at six elevators to a smidge over 600 units.

Last edited:
Unlike 1200 Eglinton East, 2161 Yonge and 55 Eglinton East, which were or will be demolished, the now officially doomed Anndore hotel is not a building where I once worked... but my then boyfriend did in the late 1980s, when it was called the Clarion Brownstone. I spent a lot of time there waiting for his shifts to end.

Wonder when this will affect the Anndore and associated business' ... my barber is in there, so I'll miss that.
Also, the coffee shop makes an amazing latte. Overpriced, but pretty great.

Back