Toronto 1425 Bloor West | 71.5m | 20s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

vic

Member Bio
Reaction score
20191003_183310.jpg

The old houses at 1431-1437 Bloor St. W. at Perth Ave (SE corner) got boarded up yesterday, with a dumpster out back.

In July 2017 they were for sale:

Listed as an "investment and development opportunity":

Since then the businesses have vacated, and I assume residents moved out.

This is directly across the street from the other proposed development at 1439 Bloor at Perth:

With another building proposed just south of that at 72 Perth Ave:

Wondering if there are any plans etc. for this site yet.

12-15 storeys here sounds about right, and falls within relative consistency with the other proposals along this stretch.

A block to the east, there's also the reported property assembly by Lamb Dev Corp for 1405 Bloor St W:

The dumpster out back of the corner building was gone now when I passed by today. Looks like the buildings will remain in their current boarded up state for some time, until they get permits for demolition and/or submit a formal development application.

20191027_150645.jpg

Junction Triangle so hot right now.

1423 Bloor W is the SW corner at Sterling Rd, currently a house with a dentist office in it. I wonder if that assembly is for the remainder of the block along Bloor, which stretches westward towards Perth.

Several buildings at the Perth corner have already been boarded up for some time now:

1588166604473.png

Last edited:
I used the Daft Logic area calculator, it pretty much shows that it's that entire block. (what one would have expected)

Very crude drawing gets me 23,000 sq ft.

1588167582122.png

Good - that is one of the worst sections on all of Bloor Street. I'd love to see the north side get redeveloped too.

I live right nearby. I don't feel that it's the houses along here that make it crappy. It's the railway underpasses and speedway passthrough streetscape.

If anything, the newer developments to the east (townhouses on north and south sides) and BeBloor are far worse for the streetscape than the old houses/businesses. They're completely sterile.

I'd welcome a decent redevelopment though.

Apparently they need to fix the roads here to. They collect water at the crosswalks. I hate that. No reason for that to happen these days

It was 2005-6. Standards were lower. Considering it's brick almost to the top, I'm really not that concerned with how it turned out.

Back