Toronto 141 Roehampton | 186.3m | 58s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Love to see these new projects with limited car parking an plenty of bike parking. Built for the future where 60% of people bike everyday, like in Amsterdam. ;)
5 visitor parking spots though... seems ridiculously small for 614 units. Wasn't too long ago that visitor parking spots were around 10% of the total unit count.

5 visitor parking spots though... seems ridiculously small for 614 units. Wasn't too long ago that visitor parking spots were around 10% of the total unit count.

Eglinton Station is an 8 min walk away. The new Mount Pleasant Station is a 5 min walk away. Or you could cycle. 5 visitor spots seems fine for the few visitors that have no other choice but to drive. Otherwise, even if you lived in a Brampton Suburb, you could park at Highway 407 Station and get down here in a very convenient fashion.

I spoke with an owner over the weekend. I was advised they have to vacate by March 2023. According to the owner, the developer paid $70 million. There are 36 units at the Radley, so each owner received a handsome sum.

The building must've fully vacated because there are fences up around the building now.
img_8448.jpg

I'm fascinated by the total vacancy at this juncture.

I assume some fairly generous offers were made.

That's a large building to have to maintain and keep squatters out of........

I imagine there will be a hard push for an early demo' permit. Which is not to say they'll get that, but I can't imagine they won't try.

I'm fascinated by the total vacancy at this juncture.

I assume some fairly generous offers were made.

That's a large building to have to maintain and keep squatters out of........

I imagine there will be a hard push for an early demo' permit. Which is not to say they'll get that, but I can't imagine they won't try.
It makes sense not to lease it up If the timeline to shovel in the ground is 3 years then the tenant relocation packages would eat up a lot of the net revenue you could expect to make after operating costs etc. It eliminates risk for the developer as well.

So UT, we collectively missed a resubmission here back in May.

That was immediately followed by an appeal to OLT, also in May

An Appeals Report is headed to the next meeting of TEYCC, that can be found here:

The Cover Letter from May shows us the revised stats:

1699105529998.png

+ 199 units and + 10 floors

@Art Tsai will wish to make note.

1699105584601.png

1699105613646.png

1699105639871.png

Most current renders:

1699105779962.png

1699105817692.png

Revised Site Plan:

1699105887340.png

Elevators: 6 Ratio: 0.73 elevators per 100 units

From the Appeals Report:

1699106046040.png

1699106083639.png

My Take: the City is on solid ground here. A substantial proposal here is workable, the City suggests as much, but not without some material revisions.

So UT, we collectively missed a resubmission here back in May.

That was immediately followed by an appeal to OLT, also in May

An Appeals Report is headed to the next meeting of TEYCC, that can be found here:

The Cover Letter from May shows us the revised stats:

View attachment 517773
+ 199 units and + 10 floors

@Art Tsai will wish to make note.

View attachment 517774
View attachment 517775
View attachment 517776

Most current renders:

View attachment 517788

View attachment 517789

Revised Site Plan:

View attachment 517791

Elevators: 6 Ratio: 0.73 elevators per 100 units

From the Appeals Report:

View attachment 517792
View attachment 517793
My Take: the City is on solid ground here. A substantial proposal here is workable, the City suggests as much, but not without some material revisions.

All the new rendering and stats have been updated.

Wow, I think the city's suggestion is pretty solid; however, the future of Roehampton will be busy and congested...

Well, this is truly Midtown now eh? Yeah, I agree Art Tsai. It's going to be even more chaotic then it already is on the crosswalks /intersection points at Redpath, and Roehampton, Broadway and Erskine.
I'm very curious how this will be resolved/ or not in the coming years. Either way, acting like this area is still a mix of SFH/ and apartments with regards to the public realm and crosswalks will cause a lot of problems.

Back