Toronto 14 Duncan | 156.69m | 48s | Greenwin | BDP Quadrangle

Ugh. It wouldn't hurt. Then you would know the developer is in support of the height limit for the block. 19 Duncan across the street is 190 metres.

Why are the all the buildings similar heights all the way down to Wellington? It is zoning but, also developers don't care one bit over how many metres tall they build. They build what makes the most sense to them. If that means 298 metres instead of 300 metres than that's what it is. Worst you can do is assume a chop in height during the zoning process is a one sided affair. Oh, nevermind.

Gee you're so smart, sounds like a broken record i've heard for the past 10 years,

And, of course, you never gave it a second thought. Same reason you won't read a planning rationale. It's more fun to make up your own facts.

Pics taken Oct 14, 2018

R1zHJhY.jpg

g63M8B3.jpg

at 157m it should be as tall as theatre park, but the renders in the notice show it a bit shorter than theatre park.

The changes to the Pearl St. frontage are *very* good. I feel like the tower could end up messy but maybe the curves will be a bit interesting.

This is where fiction nightclub and other nightlife venues are located. Does this mean they're going to close down?
Developments can take years to move through planning and sometimes an appeals process before any activity happens on site. If you're a regular at a club on this site, I wouldn't worry about anything closing too soon. Though the intention is absolutely to redevelop this site in the coming years.

Looking at the render, it looks like at least one of the existing buildings might be integrated into the new building. What about the tenants that occupy those buildings?

Developments can take years to move through planning and sometimes an appeals process before any activity happens on site. If you're a regular at a club on this site, I wouldn't worry about anything closing too soon. Though the intention is absolutely to redevelop this site in the coming years.

This is where fiction nightclub and other nightlife venues are located. Does this mean they're going to close down?
That's only an exterior facade retention. Everything behind those outer walls would go to allow excavation below it.

Back