Toronto Yonge & Rosehill | 172.3m | 50s | Originate | Moriyama Teshima Architects

Dec 2, 2020

20201202_114214.jpg
20201202_114247.jpg
20201202_114259.jpg

^ Yea, the back screams cheap.
We all know this will look bad... so why are they approving eyesoars? Yes it’s the back but many still have to look at it. Just plaster the middle instead of using crap materials. Rather see a bad plaster job then garbage looking windows my self.

is it just me or that shiny silver building in the back is a nice looking building.
Not just you.
Per Wiki:
"Designed by architect Leslie Rebanks, the Wittington Tower is a 20-storey octagonal structure located at 22 St. Clair Avenue East. Completed in 1975, its design won several awards. "

even the entrance and lobby is amazing. 👍 it's sad that the architect haven't done many projects in Toronto. i would like to see more of their work in Toronto.

I took the very same image perspective wise of the site today...I guess that saves me from uploading it here. It's quite odd seeing this section of Yonge razed to the ground.

I like the way this building has that antique look from its columns etc. And still have that modern look having the windows at the corners of the podium walls. As seen in the box up above.

Back