Toronto 1319 Bloor West | 105.3m | 31s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Paradise Lounge will likely flip in the next 12 months, this stretch of Bloor is going to be a very different place in 5 years...

That dilapidated Bargain Club (former Loblaws) building right on top of Lansdowne station is practically screaming for redevlopment. I'm really surprised that this area has until now gone under the radar of developers - to me it's always seemed like an obvious area for densification...

That dilapidated Bargain Club (former Loblaws) building right on top of Lansdowne station is practically screaming for redevlopment. I'm really surprised that this area has until now gone under the radar of developers - to me it's always seemed like an obvious area for densification...
That used to be a Loblaws? I had no idea. I wouldn't mind having a grocery store here once again, for mostly selfish reasons.

Tavora is only about 100m away. :)
Oh right, I always forget that that place exists! I always shop at the Lansdowne and Dundas No Frills, but there are a few items (mostly bougie stuff) that Loblaws carries but I can't get there, so I occasionally have to make the trek out to the one at Bloor and Dundas.

Anyway, I guess this is a discussion for the grocery stores thread.

That used to be a Loblaws? I had no idea. I wouldn't mind having a grocery store here once again, for mostly selfish reasons.

Yes, a long time ago, back when Lansdowne still had a streetcar line. I'm not sure when they departed (I wonder if their real estate arm, Choice, owns the land...)

Yes, a long time ago, back when Lansdowne still had a streetcar line. I'm not sure when they departed (I wonder if their real estate arm, Choice, owns the land...)
PHOTO+-+TORONTO+-+LANSDOWNE+-+LOOKING+N+FROM+BLOOR+-+NOTE+LANSDOWNE+THEATRE+-+LOBLAWS+-+WOODEN+POST+TTC+STOP+UNDER+LOBLAW+SIGN+-+c1960.jpg

From here: http://chuckmanothercollectionvolum...4/photo-toronto-lansdowne-looking-n-from.html

Not far from Mattachioni on Dupont too which has started carrying pantry items since the pandemic started (the porchetta sandwich is also DOPE)
Mattachioni is absolutely fantastic (their Napoli pizza oh my god, their bread, their mortadella, their pepperoncini... so much great stuff), but as someone who lives close to it, the walk to Lasdowne and Bloor is definitely still a bit of a hike, I wouldn't exactly consider it close for a quick grocery run — the Dupont to Bloor distance is large and it's a fair bit further east/west too. Absolutely thrilled Mattachioni is carrying produce now though — I just got some from them the other night! — but the area still needs more small-scale grocery options and in particular for fresh produce in general.

It's super cool to see this old photo of Bloor and Lansdowne! Was that a theatre there?

The picture is kind of depressing:

- Bring back streetcars to Lansdowne - it needs them!
- Bring back a nice grocery store!
- Bring back the charming historic building on the north-west corner!
- Bring back the theatre (had no idea there was one there before)!
- Bring back the gorgeous 50's car design!

Boy did this area go down the tubes compared to back then...
You forgot one:

- Bring back the cobble stones

Back