Toronto 1303 Yonge | 43.3m | 10s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

As first noted by @ProjectEnd Aspen Ridge is the proponent here.

They have now registered to lobby on both the Cineplex HQ building and 1257 Yonge next door.

Interestingly, this will likely strand 1251 Yonge which only has a ~6000ft2 footprint.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32862​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

RE: the development of 1257 and 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto

Images of the HQ building are already above, but I'll add a Streetview of 1257

1643225735445.png

11 storeys sounds to be a bit on the timid side here. The apartment tower just east of this property on Jackes Ave is in the mid to high 20 storey range. While even the proposal one block south at Yonge & Woodlawn asked for 13 storeys on its first submission.

11 storeys sounds to be a bit on the timid side here. The apartment tower just east of this property on Jackes Ave is in the mid to high 20 storey range. While even the proposal one block south at Yonge & Woodlawn asked for 13 storeys on its first submission.

Perhaps.......

Though the project to the immediate north also came it at 11s. (also Aspen Ridge)

I suspect there may be a logic to do w/the tall building guidelines.

Floor Plates here are looking to be over 1500m2..........can't do that on a tall building.

* Docs are Up *

Architect is BDPQ

1650906771607.png

1650906875463.png

1650906913971.png

1650906646165.png

1650906668799.png

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1650907030279.png

1650907089393.png

Notable here is average unit size (large)

Parking ratio of 1.5 spaces per unit!

Elsewise, I like the visual here, and think this is BDPQ at its best.

But boy can they tilt wildly in quality from one project to the next. (yes, I know that's a lot to do w/the client......)

Last edited:
Well this looks excellent. Really appreciating BDPQ's recent renaissance/contribution to taking the city away from the blue-green-grey glass/spandrel decades.

Yes, on the whole............but remember, they've also produced this clunker, among others:

Looks beautiful! Would be even better if they got rid of the angular plane and continued the design up to the top of the building

Missed those renders until I came across them on BlogTO's article today and wow, what beautiful materiality. A nod to the Eastern Columbia Building in LA no doubt; I certainly hope those materials don't get slashed during the development process.

The green vertical piers are a bit of an acquired taste but it's growing on me.

Refreshing! I’m all in. Anyone catch what materials are being used here?

According to the UT article, the exterior cladding materials consists of "a two-tone grid of bronze-toned metallic panels on the horizontal axis, and green, glazed piers on the vertical axis".

Back