Toronto 1250 Eglinton West | 76.9m | 25s | CreateTO | DTAH

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

1250 Eglinton Avenue West

The property is currently being used as a commuter parking lot. Because of its transit-oriented location, it offers great development potential. The site is immediately east of the Eglinton West subway station and is on the future Eglinton Crosstown LRT. As we start to create development concepts and plan for an integrated connection directly into the Eglinton Crosstown station, new residential opportunities and an improved streetscape, our development plans along Eglinton Avenue West will help to utilize the $5.3 billion transit infrastructure that is being invested to create a 19-km corridor to connect Mount Dennis (Weston Road) in the west to Kennedy Station in the east.

We are also working to incorporate an affordable housing component within this development.

1592109376393.png

Looks like they're estimating on having 70 residential units here with half of them being affordable housing in the future:

1598531387807.png

This city's approach to affordable housing is a laughable joke. I think i'm going to oppose every single shelter proposal this city has in the pipeline until they start taking affordable permanent housing seriously.

70 units.....next to a major transit hub. I mean seriously what kind of a joke proposal is this.

70 units here would probably result in around 7-10 storeys which is definitely weak. Especially as this is right at a subway interchange between two lines. Larger floorplate to work with, but the new proposal at Dufferin & Eg by Kingsett is aiming for 30 storeys. While even the CentreCourt project at Bathurst & Eg is around 130 units, almost double what they're planning here.

Ty for covering this @HousingNowTO

Thoughts so far: I like the overall scale, though the expression is a tad boxy.

I feel like they somehow need to hide the cantilever, it just looks weird. You could extend the building to grade around the shelter in a non-structural way........(ie. not supporting the tower form)

It really needs a bit more colour. But overall, I like the ambition. I don't see any changes required that would material $$$.

Just some refined stylistic choices.

Ty for covering this @HousingNowTO

Thoughts so far: I like the overall scale, though the expression is a tad boxy.

I feel like they somehow need to hide the cantilever, it just looks weird. You could extend the building to grade around the shelter in a non-structural way........(ie. not supporting the tower form)

It really needs a bit more colour. But overall, I like the ambition. I don't see any changes required that would material $$$.

Just some refined stylistic choices.
You should really listen to the DESIGN REVIEW PANEL questions, comments (and votes) on the YouTube above...

You should really listen to the DESIGN REVIEW PANEL questions, comments (and votes) on the YouTube above...

I will, but as I've been up since 5am, I think it will have to wait til sunrise; err' after my 1st coffee

Back