Toronto 12 Pauline | 15.6m | 4s | Portal | STUDIOWI Inc

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Idk if there is a thread for this but looks like some missing middle is planned for what is currently a church, parking lot, and two homes just west of Bloor and Dufferin.

Application link: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5285047&pid=165836

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.57.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.52.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.53.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.53.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.54.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.54.28 PM.png

And what is currently there

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.49.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.49.36 PM.png

Last edited:
I just recently walked past this obscure church and noticed how shabby the "garden" at the front looked. I guess soon they'll have the money to fix it!

Wow, they are really packing in the units here. If I'm reading the architectural plans correctly, residents will have to go through long corridors or else walk below the backside units and between parked cars to get to the stairs going to the upper 3-floor units. I am trying to imagine if that can be done without it being too grim. The renderings with green fluff trying to hide the cheap spandrel panels don't bode well either.

I had wondered about the C3 church which has starting using the existing church. I guess they are temporary tenants, or possibly related to the development company? Will be interesting to see how the community reacts to this.

Wonder when we will start seeing less townhouse developments in the downtown west neighbourhoods and more towers/midrises as has started in the east end. Likely not worth it for developers to fight staff and residents until the province approves the MTSAs.

10-22 Pauline Avenue Community Consultation Meeting

Tuesday, December 5, 2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

The City of Toronto Planning Division has received a Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate a 4-storey residential townhouse development.
A total of 34 residential units are proposed with parking provided at the rear of the property.

Updated Plans submitted January 18th, 2024.

I don't see any material changes off hand, but maybe missing it; there is project. stats page in the Arch. Drawings and no Detailed Revision List.

Render w/new plans, below:

1706779130016.png

@Paclo

Last edited:
From the cover letter:
Following this most recent resubmission, the applicant team received additional comments from City staff. All updates to the reports and clarifications are included in the comment matrix included as Attachment A.

Most notably, City Planning requested the submission of an Official Plan Amendment to confirm that the proposed 4-storey stacked townhouses, inclusive of stair enclosures providing access to the rooftop amenity spaces, is permitted on the Neighbourhoods-designated lands. Accordingly, a draft Official Plan Amendment is being submitted herewith of an abundance of caution.

What a waste of time and effort. This site is 150m from the subway!

The database has been updated to reflect the January submission.

Height increased from 15.4m to 15.6m
Total units decreased from 35 to 34.
Total parking decreased from 35 to 34.
Total bicycle parking decreased from 39 to 38.

PLN - Architectural Plans - null-11.jpg

Attachments

• PLN - Architectural Plans - null-03.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - null-03.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 7
this is criminally poor land use. considering this is ~250 m from Dufferin Station, this site should really have a two-tower development on it (if not for our archaic planning policies)

this is criminally poor land use. considering this is ~250 m from Dufferin Station, this site should really have a two-tower development on it (if not for our archaic planning policies)

I agree it's being under-utilized. I wouldn't call it criminal, but it's definitely a missed opportunity.

This is a pretty disappointing use of this space. It's hard to see the city being green lighting a 30 storey tower here, but this would have been a perfect spot to put some buildings in the 6 to 10 storey range

Back